Hirsch, also known as Gertie, started her blog Blog For Better Sewing in 2009 and her career took off very soon after that. . She has almost 48.000 followers on Instagram and 31.000 followers on Facebook and she published her first book New Book for Better Sewing in September 2012. She now lives ands works in Beacon, New York.
Education and career
Gretchen Hirsch grew up in Hockessin, Delaware and attended Ursuline Academy in Wilmington. After gradation she went to New York University where she graduated in 2000. She worked as a children's book editor for a number of publishing companies and started her blog when she picked up sewing again as a hobby. When she lost her job, her freelance work and her blog gained momentum.
- Hirsch, Gretchen (September 1, 2012). New Book for Better Sewing. Abrams Books. ISBN 1-58479-991-9. Search this book on
- Hirsch, Gretchen (September 16, 2014). Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. Abrams Books. ISBN 1-61769-074-0. Search this book on
- Hirsch, Gretchen (September 8, 2015). Gertie's New Fashion Sketchbook. Abrams Books. ISBN 1-61769-173-9. Search this book on
- Hirsch, Gretchen (March 8, 2016). Gertie's Ultimate Dress Book. Abrams Books. ISBN 1-61769-075-9. Search this book on
- Hirsch, Gretchen (April 9, 2019). Gertie Sews Jiffy Dresses. Abrams Books. ISBN 1-4197-3234-X. Search this book on (in production)
This article "Gretchen Hirsch" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gretchen Hirsch. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- "22K & Counting: Beacon Crafter Sews Her Way To Social Media Stardom". Southwest Dutchess Daily Voice. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Interview: Gretchen Hirsch Is Sewing Seeds For Sustainably Stylish Skills". Ecosalon. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "Gertie Sews Jiffy Dresses". Abram Books.