|Born||April 17, 2000|
|Alma mater||Liberty University (BS)|
Greyson Beights (born April 17, 2000) is an American author, writer, historian, entrepreneur, and event organizer. His first book was published in 2015. Aside from being author, Beights is also well known for his entrepreneurial projects that he started at a young age and for graduating college summa cum laude at seventeen years old.
Early life and education
Beights was born in Virginia. He was home-schooled throughout his K-12 education. He took his first college course at the age of eleven years old after passing a college entrance exam. He received an A for his first college course. He went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in history summa cum laude from Liberty University. Beights was the youngest graduate at the Liberty University's 44th Commencement.
Author and Historian
Beights' first book Medieval LEGO was published in 2015. It teaches the history of medieval England through LEGO bricks. Beights' goal in the book was to teach history to the young generation. The book includes contributions from leading scholars including D'Arcy Boulton (heraldist), Stephen Thomas Knight, Robert Bartlett, and Ralph A. Griffiths.
In 2015, Beights started BrickUniverse, an annual convention for the LEGO fans that held in multiple cities across the United States. The event was created by Beights to inspire creativity and learning through LEGO bricks. The first BrickUniverse was held at the Raleigh Convention Center and there has been over twenty convention across the United States since. The event draws many popular artists, fans, and provides room for the community and industry to interact.
- Peele, Britton (2015-11-10). "Meet the 15 year-old who wrote a book and helped bring a Lego convention to Dallas". GuideLive. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- Menard, Drew (May 18, 2017). "LEGO enthusiast stacks up his achievements as youngest graduate at Commencement". Liberty News.
- Smith, Alissa (May 11, 2017). "17-year-old author, Afton resident prepares to graduate from LU on Saturday". The News & Advance.
- Tyree, Elizabeth. "17-year-old Nelson Co. resident graduating from Liberty University". WSET. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "LEGO author is youngest graduate at Liberty University's 44th Commencement | Brick Fanatics". www.brickfanatics.com. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- Buck, Kelley Buck. "Afton teen combines love for history, LEGO in book". Roanoke Times. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "Using LEGO to show the history of medieval England". Medievalists.net. 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "[Books] No Starch Press tells this history of Europe in LEGO form — Major Spoilers—Comic Book Reviews, News, Previews, and Podcasts". majorspoilers.com. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- Puckett, Jeffrey Lee. "BrickUniverse is a world of LEGO goodness". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention puts the power of creativity on display". okgazette.com. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "BrickUniverse attracts Lego enthusiasts to Cleveland". Retrieved 2018-03-26.
This article "Greyson Beights" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Greyson Beights. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.