He was the second son of a pediatrician in Dresden. He studied law at Oxford and Munich. In 1914 he volunteered as a war volunteer and was placed in Russia. After the War he continued his studies in Munich and graduated in 1919. In that same year he had his first personal encounter with Rudolf Steiner.
After the fire of the first Goetheanum he was personal assistant to Steiner. He was an active support for the construction of the second Goetheanum. At the founding of the Anthroposophical Society in 1923 he became a board member. He would later be treasurer and secretary and continue his work until his death in 1963.
- Threefold Social Order (From The Basic Ideas of Rudolf Steiner on the Threefold Social Order). Anthroposophic Press, New York, 1920
- The Etheric Formative Forces in Cosmos, Earth and Man: A Path of Investigation into the World of the Living. Vol. 1 translated by Olin Dantzler Wannamaker. 1932. Anthroposophic Press, New York.
- The Evolution of Mankind: Cosmic Evolution, Incarnation on the Earth, The Great Migrations, Spiritual History. Translated (from the German, 1953) by Norman Macbeth. 1961, Philosophic-Anthroposophic Press (Dornach, Switzerland) 
- The Life and Work of Rudolf Steiner from the Turn of the Century to his Death. 1955, Whittier Books (New York), Translated by Olin D. Wannamaker and Reginald E. Raab
- Reincarnation as a Phenomenon of Metamorphosis. 1937. Anthroposophic Press, R. Steiner Publishing Co. (New York, London).
- The Ethereal World in Science, Art and Religion. From the Way of Man to Control the Image Forces. Anthroposophical Philosophisch-Verlag, Dornach 1927.
- The Evolution of the Earth. Cosmogony and Geology, An Organic Becoming. Anthroposophical Philosophisch-Verlag, Dornach 1950.
- Cosmic Aspects of Birth and Death. Contributions to Karmic Research. Anthroposophical Philosophisch-Verlag, Dornach 1956, 3 A. 1990.
- Kepler's secret world. Drama in 12 pictures. Hybernia, Basel / Dornach 1946
- Noah. Dramatic Sketch in 7 pictures. Hybernia, Basel / Dornach Dornach 1948
- The division of the earth. Drama of a new era. Hybernia, Dornach 1954
- Archangel in the council. Drama in 8 images with prelude and epilogue. Geering, Dornach 1961
- Gaea Sophia. Yearbook of the Natural Science Section of the Free School at the Goetheanum, Volumes I-VI, Dornach / Stuttgart / Basel 1926-1932
- Goethe in our time. Rudolf Steiner Goetheanismus as a research method, Dornach 1949
- Schöffl, Heinz Herbert (1995). "Guenther Wachsmuth. A life image". Verlag am Goetheanum (Pioneers of Anthroposophy) (15). ISBN 3-7235-0690-9. Retrieved 6 April 2009.
- "The Etheric Formative Forces in Cosmos, Earth and Man". Retrieved 6 April 2009.
- "The Evolution of Mankind". Retrieved 6 April 2009.
- "The Life and Work of Rudolf Steiner". Retrieved 6 April 2009.
- "Reincarnation as a phenomenon of metamorphosis". Retrieved 6 April 2009.
This article "Guenther Wachsmuth" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Guenther Wachsmuth. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.