Haldia Development Authority
|Haldia Development Authority|
Official logo of HDA
|Type||City Planning Agency|
|Jurisdiction||Government of West Bengal|
|Headquarters||Haldia Unnayan Bhawan, Haldia-721657|
Haldia Development Authority or HDA was established in the year 1980 and has been responsible of Planning & Development of Haldia Area. It came in existence under the West Bengal Town and Country (Planning & Development) Act 1979 (West Bengal Act - XIII of 1979).The Authority is guided by the Board of Haldia Development Authority. Present Constituent of The Board has been formed by the Govt. of West Bengal, vide Notification No. 1655-T&CP/C-2/2C-2/2001 dated Kolkata, the 17th August, 2011.
In 1980, Haldia Development Authority was declared with its Planning Area jurisdiction of about 329.92 square-km, comprising 260 mouzas under the P.S. (old) Sutahata and Mahisadal in the District of undivided Medinipur. Haldia Planning Area (HPA) was extended in 2004 and 2013. Present HPA is about 1982.07 square-km, covering whole of Haldia and Tamluk Subdivision in Purba Medinipur District, comprising 12 blocks, 3 municipalities and 15 Census Towns.
Objective behind HDA development
- To ensure plan & integrated development of Haldia Industrial Urban Complex.
- Proper execution of plans, schemes & Projects in connection with Industrial, Urban and Social infrastructure approved by Board as well as State Government.
- Shouldering the responsibility as sole executive agency of the State Government for sustainable development within Haldia Planning Area.
- Acting as a coordinating agency among different industries as well as departments.
- Discharge of duties assigned by the Government from time to time.
The Authority has developed some important projects-like Anusua Complex, Durgachak, Priyambada complex, Basudevpur, Swati Housing Complex, Hatiberia etc. For rehabilitation evictes, HDA has developed rehabilitation colonies at Khudiramnagar, Debhog, Kashbere, Hatiberia.
HDA has undertaken some important infrastructural projects such as improvement of HPL Link Road, Construction of road from Barda Rly. Station to Geonkhali Water Works, Construction of Bye-Pass Road from Kshudiram Square to River Ring Road via MCPI factory. Construction of a ring road is under contemplation.
- Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority
This article "Haldia Development Authority" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Haldia Development Authority. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.