Heth and Jed
Heth and Jed
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Years active||Since 2005|
Heth and Jed is an American indie rock duo, based in New York City, New York, and composed of brothers Heth and Jed Weinstein. Together they have recorded two albums, written a memoir and make a living busking on and under the streets of New York City. They have been featured in The New Yorker, New York and the Daily News. In 2014 they appeared in an eponymous titled reality docu-drama for Mark Cuban owned network AXS TV.
History[edit | edit source]
Originally from Los Angeles, The brothers played in several bands, both separately and together, before forming their duo known as Heth and Jed. They began busking in the streets of New York City in 2005 and three years later became part of the Music Under New York program. They now perform over 200-plus busking shows annually in addition to touring nationally. While performing underground they have sold over 100,000 copies of their independently released CDs.
Musical style[edit | edit source]
Heth plays guitar and sings, while Jed sings backup and plays bass. They are known for tight vocal harmonies and the use of live looping, creating layers of sound with a wide array of guitar effects. They are heavily influenced by the Jam Band/ Grateful Dead-style of improvisation: state a theme and take it for a walk through the woods.
Discography and filmography[edit | edit source]
- Clean (2002), Rebel Ray Records, produced by Jamie Candiloro (other producer credits Ryan Adams, R.E.M., Willie Nelson and the Eagles)
- Between the In and the Out (2005), Space Rock Records, also produced by Jamie Candiloro
- Live from New York (2007), live concert recorded for CitySessions TV in Quad studios ; the concert aired nationally on RAVE TV
- "El Cuatro!" (2015), Recorded at Studio 76 — Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY USA. Produced by Heth and Jed, Engineered by Brandon Wilde from the band Thisway, Mastered by Alex Saltz at APS Mastering
Memoir[edit | edit source]
- Weinstein, Heth; Weinstein, Jed (2011). Buskers – The On-the-Streets, In-the-Trains, Off-the-Grid Memoir of Two Street Musicians. Berkeley, California: Soft Skull Press. ISBN 978-1-593-76412-8.
Television[edit | edit source]
Heth and Jed (Air date: October 3, 2014): Heth and Jed created and starred in self-titled AXS TV reality docu-soap pilot produced by Killer Bunny Productions. The pilot focused on their intense yet humorous brotherly rapport and featured their mother Rhoda as well as other close family and friends. The show also featured the brothers performing hilarious, topical original songs throughout.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Biography AND Rock music : Marco Visconti
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Erick Erickson, Hayley-Marie Coppin, Buddy Tudor, Axel Erich Rudolf Bohl, Grace Hopper, Noor Al Suwaidi, Jack Breaux
Others articles of the Topic Rock music : Nikola Aćin, Ascendents Records, ShipRocked, Marco Visconti
Others articles of the Topic New York City : Buck Sexton, William Hawthorn Lynch, United Airlines Flight 93, The B.L.P., Joe Cornelius Sr., Nina Cuso, American Broadcasting Company
References[edit | edit source]
- Michaud, Jon (June 3, 2011). "The Exchange: Music in the Streets and Underground". The New Yorker. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Goodman, Lizzy (February 27, 2011). "Underground Gourmet – Twelve Delicious Acts Headlining a Subway Platform Near You". New York. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Wednesday in New York". Daily News. December 11, 2007.
- Weinstein, Heth; Weinstein, Jed (2011). Buskers. Soft Skull Press. p. 4. ISBN 978-1-59376-412-8.
[edit | edit source]
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Staff (undated). New York Magazine "Underground Gourmet". New York. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Documentary about Heth and Jed
- Video clip of Heth and Jed performing in the Grand Central subway station
- Video clip of Heth and Jed playing in Times Square
- WBAI Radio Interview with Heth and Jed
- AXS TV Trailer
This article "Heth and Jed" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Heth and Jed. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.