Type of site
IndieGameStand was an online retailer that sells indie games. The site is well known for its optional pay what you want model, where if the developer choses to, a portion of the proceeds from the game's sales go to charity. Unlike similar models, such as Humble Bundle, the games are not offered in a bundle. Instead, IndieGameStand features a new independent game that customers can pay what they want for every 96 hours. The game developers choose which charity they wish to donate the proceeds to.
In December 2017 IGS support staff announced via the main URL that the company was officially defunct, citing more than 1.5 years of negative income and the change of ownership of their server provider causing errors beyond their capacity to repair. When the site closed, the highest rated game on the platform was Redactem.
- Conditt, Jessica (2012-09-11). "IndieGameStand Channels Humble Bundle, Woot, Starting September 26". Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Sanchez, David (2012-10-06). "Gnomoria is IndieGameStand's current pay-what-you-want deal". GameZone. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Chalk, Andy (2012-09-27). "IndieGameStand Launches With Escape Goat". The Escapist. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Phillips, Tom (2012-10-03). "Pay-what-you-want indie games site launches, spotlights SpaceChem". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "IndieGameStand". IndieGameStand. June 5, 2017. Top Rated section (third tab, below slideshow element). Archived from the original on 2017-06-05.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
|32px||This video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "IndieGameStand" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:IndieGameStand. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.