Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad
The Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad (ISSI) is a strategic studies think tank based in Islamabad, Pakistan. It is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan. Its most famous member being the nationalist commentator Shireen Mazari. The organisation is devoted to providing an in-depth understanding and objective analysis of regional and global strategic issues, affecting international peace and security.
Discussion forum[edit | edit source]
Visiting dignitaries from other countries sometimes are invited to address and speak on worldwide current issues from this organisation's platform.
For example, in November 2017, the Japanese Ambassador Takashi Kurai gave a public talk here titled 'Japan-Pakistan Relationship: 65 Years and Beyond'. He reminded the audience that Pakistan was once the largest exporter of textiles to Japan while Japan was the largest exporter of machinery and vehicles to Pakistan. He also mentioned that then President Ayub Khan's visit to Japan was historical as the Emperor of Japan had welcomed him himself. He also said that more Pakistani textile products should be exported to Japan.
References[edit | edit source]
- Baqir Sajjad Syed (13 March 2018). "Iran invites Pakistan to participate in Chahbahar project". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Abdullah Malik (30 January 2018). "Growing strategic divergence between Pakistan, US: seminar". Daily Times (newspaper). Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Mian Abrar (26 June 2016). "An interview with Ambassador Masood Khan, Director General, Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad and former Ambassador to the United Nations and China". Pakistan Today (newspaper). Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- Iran seeks to allay Chabahar port concerns Aaj TV News website, Published 28 May 2016, Retrieved 3 May 2018
- Japan is not against China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Dawn (newspaper), Published 8 November 2017, Retrieved 3 May 2018
- Ex-foreign secretary Tanvir Ahmad Khan dies Dawn (newspaper), Published 17 November 2013, Retrieved 3 May 2018
[edit | edit source]
|This article about an organization in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.