This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article does not cite any sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Somalis, Isaaq, Sacad Muuse, and other groups.Garhajis Arab Ayub Habar Jeclo|
The Isse Musse clan played an important role in the pre-independence era of Somalia and Somaliland. The Isse Musse have produced Somali First Prime Minister and well-known as Isse Musse for SNL Party, Second President Of Somaliland 1993–2002 UDUB Party, and also Isse Musse have produced Vice-president of Somaliland from 2002–2010 UDUB Party, Also Several ministers in Somalia and Somaliland.
History[edit | edit source]
Isse Musse Abdirahman Awal Sheikh Isaaq. Sheikh Isaaq Bin Ahmed was one of the Arabian scholars that crossed the sea from Arabia to the Horn of Africa to spread Islam around 12th to 13th century. He is said to have been descended from Prophet Mohammed's daughter Fatimah. Hence the Sheikh belonged to the Ashraf or Sada, titles given to the descendants of the prophet. He married two local women in Somalia that left him eight sons, one of them Isse Musse Abdirahman (Awal). The descendants of those eight sons are the what is known as Isaaq clan today.
Isse Musse Clans[edit | edit source]
The Isse Musse are divided into four major sub-clans,
Adan Isse Abokor Isse Idarys Isse Mohamed Isse
6. Maxammed Ciise
7. Xassan Maxammed
7. Jibril Maxammed
8. Cumar Jibril
8. Yonis Jibril
8. Abokor Jibril
8. Muuse Jibril
9. Xassan Abokor
10. Baalle Xassan
10. Muuse Xassan
8. Muuse Jibril
11. Cali Muuse
12 Sahal Cali 1. Cabdi Iidle 2. Reer Iimaan.
12. Wacays Cali
12. Xaad Cali
12. Cabane Cali
12. Xildiid Cali
12. (Tell Us if you now the missed one because of Ali Musse had 6 sons )
8. Muuse Jibril
9. Cabdiraxmaan Muuse
9. Cabdulle Muuse
10. Cabdalle (Qoyan) Cabdulle
10. Xassan Cabdulle
11. Axmed (Dhogori) Xassan
11. Deerayahan Xassan 6. Adan Ciise
7. Jibril Adan
8. Maxamuud Jibril
8. Xassan JIbril
8. Ibrahim Jibril
8. Ismaaciil Jibril
10. Maxamuud Cabdalle
10. Gedi (Reer Fiqi) Cabdalle
10. Maxammed (Gurux) Cabdalle
10. Jibril Cabdalle
11. Iidle Jibril
11. Farax Jibril
11. Cadaawe Jibril
2. Abokor Isse-Tell us if you know clans of Abokor Isse Idarys Isse - Tell us if you know clans of Idarys Isse
Notable people[edit | edit source]
- Abdulrahim Abby Farah, Was Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations 1979-1990 and the Permanent Representative of Somalia to the United Nations.
- Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal, Somali First Prime Minister during the early and late 1960s, Second President of Somaliland from 1993–2002. and He was considered as one of the greatest Somali politicians of all time.
- Ahmed Yusuf Yasin, is a Somali Politician and he was the Vice-President of Somaliland, from 2002 until 2010 and Was the second chairman Of UDUB Party.
- Jamal Ali hussein, Somali Economist, Politician, Former Presidential Candidate of UCID party and Son Of General Ali Hussein.
- Ali Jama Habil, was a Somali poet. One Of the most well-known Somali Poet in the early and He was the biggest against of Darwish State.
- Hussain Bisad, Is the Second tallest man In the world and He holds the record for the largest hands of anyone alive
- Abdi Haybe Lampad, Is very famous Somali comedian and one of the best Somali comedians off all time.
- Sultan Koshin, was the Sultan of the Isse Musse and The General Leader Of Berbera in early and late.
- Ahmed Saeed Igge, is a famous journalist and he is the current reporter of BBC-Somali in Hargeisa Somaliland, BBC World Service and one of the greatest Somali reporters in all time.
References[edit | edit source]
This article "Isse Musse" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Isse Musse/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.