You can edit almost every page by Creating an account. Otherwise, see the FAQ.

Jāņas sēta

From EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki

Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".

Jāņa sēta is a limited liability company engaged in the production of cartographic and geoinformation products, as well as publishing books. The company is the largest card issuer in the Baltic States. Its products and services are exported to about 20 countries, mostly to Estonia, Lithuania, Sweden, Finland and Norway.


In 1990, businessman Aivars Zvirbulis founded the predecessor of "Jāņas sēta" "Apgadu Jāņas sēta"[1], which was engaged in printing. On June 6, 1992, the cartography department was established in the company, which since 1999 became an independent company "Karšu izdevniecibu Jāņas sēta". The company operated at Elizabetes Street 85A, Riga, where "Karšu veikals Jāņas sēta" is still located, which is an independent company, but also formed from "Apgāda Jāņas sēta". "Jānis sēta map publishing house" was founded by Jānis Turlajs, Aivars Prošenkovs and A. Zvirbulis. The editor-in-chief of the publishing house since its creation is J. Turlajs.[2]

In 2008, the controlling stake of the company was purchased from A. Zvirbulis by the Icelandic capital company SIA "Solvina", which owns 56% of the company's capital.[3][4][5] The remaining 44% belongs to J. Turlaj.[6]

From 2016 to 2021, the company owned the Finnish tourism map company "Oy e-City Ab", known under the brand "City-Opas".[6][7]

In the fall of 2021, the company was renamed SIA "Jāņa sēta".[8]


This article "Jāņas sēta" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jāņas sēta. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.

  1. Vanags, Pēteris (2019). "13. Eiropas Baltijas studiju konference (CBSE) Gdaņskā, 2019. gada 26.–29. jūnijā". Baltu filoloģija. 28 (2): 224–227. doi:10.22364/bf.28.2.09. ISSN 1691-0036.
  2. Latvijas enciklopēdija. Rīga: "V. Belokon̦a izdevniecība". 2002–2009. ISBN 9984-9482-0-X. OCLC 55502782. Search this book on
  3. "Īslandiešu investori iegādājušies "Karšu izdevniecības Jāņa sēta" kontrolpaketi". TVNET (Press release) (in latviešu). 2008-03-03. Retrieved 2022-07-13.
  4. "Jāņa sēta, SIA". (in latviešu). Retrieved 2022-07-19.
  5. "Karšu izdevniecība Jāņa sēta iegādājas Somijas uzņēmuma kontrolpaketi". Dienas Bizness (in latviešu). Retrieved 2022-07-19.
  6. 6.0 6.1 LETA (2016-11-16). "'Jāņa sēta' iegādājas Somijas tūrisma karšu kompāniju 'Oy e-City Ab'". (Press release) (in latviešu). Retrieved 2022-07-13.
  7. "FOTO: Gulfstream jaunā 45 miljonu dolāru vērtā G500 privātā lidmašīna". Dienas Bizness (in latviešu). Retrieved 2022-07-19.
  8. Bizness, DELFI (2021-09-27). "'Karšu izdevniecība Jāņa sēta' turpmāk darbosies kā 'Jāņa sēta'". (Press release) (in latviešu). Retrieved 2022-07-13.