Defert was defeated in the first round of the singles tournament by Dionysios Kasdaglis of Egypt, placing eighth in a tie with all of the other players defeated in their first matches. He did not compete in the doubles tournament.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "J. Defert". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 24 September 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- Nikolaos Grivas The First Olympic Tennis Event: Organization, Conduct, Essence "Foreign athletes were John Boland and George Robertson from the Oxford University, Edwin Flack from the Australian Melbourne Tennis Club, J. Defert from the French Racing Club, Freidrich Thraun from the German Sport Club, and Momcilo Tapovicza from the Hungarian National Gymnastic Club."
- "J. Defert". Olympedia. Retrieved 21 December 2020.
- J. Defert at OlympediaLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- J. Defert at the International Olympic CommitteeLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|This biographical article relating to French tennis is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "J. Defert" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:J. Defert. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.