Jane Arnold Morgan
She writes and researches the effect of emotion and attitude on the language learning. She has made presentation and given workshops for language teachers from many countries and in many different contexts. She is Academic Director of Languages & Cultural Encounters and author of books for second language teachers.
Arnold had her first university studies in the United States. She received a Bachelor of Arts from Occidental College in Los Angeles (1966) After that, she studied for a Masters at New York University in the program with the Complutense University of Madrid (1968). She also has a bachelor’s degree from Salamanca University (1978) and a PhD from the University of Seville (1985).
Arnold was a teacher at the following high schools: IES Enrique Nieto (Melilla, 1979-1983) and IES Antonio Domínguez Ortiz (Sevilla, 1983-1987). She was professor at the University of Seville (1987-2001), Full professor at the University of Seville University (2001-2015) and has been honorary assistant at the University of Seville since 2015.
Her main lines of research deal with affective factors in the teaching and learning of second languages, including self-esteem and diverse topics related to motivation. She is a member of the research group ReALL (Research in Affective Language Learning) at the University of Huelva.
Arnold has published two books with Cambridge University Press: Affect in Language Learning (1999), and Meaningful Action. She has also published three books for teachers with Helbling (Seeds of Confidence,,Imagine That!, The Principled Communicative Approach). She has book chapters with Cambridge Scholars Press, Continuum International Publishing , Publications of the University of Seville, the Universitat Jaume I, the University of Almería and articles in academic journals such as Anglistik, Études de Linguistique Appliquée, International Journal of English Studies, Journal, and TESOL Quarterly.
- "50 profesores de español de 22 países participan en un encuentro en la UCA". Diario de Cadiz. 11 July 2017
- "Making Round Tables less boring". HLT Mag UK. HLT Mag UK. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Profesorado". Encuentros LCE (in español). 2018-01-15. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- Fonseca-Mora, Carmen (2000). "Affect in Language Learning". TESOL Quarterly. 34. doi:10.2307/3587794.
- Postlewaite, Jakki (2011). "Seeds of confidence: Self-esteem activities for the EFL classroom [Book Review] [online]". English Australian Journal. 27 No 1: 85-86.
- Lee, Mabel (2009). "Imagine that! Mental imagery in the EFL classroom [Book Review]". English Australia Journal. 25 (No 1): 76-78. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Jane Arnold – ELE Lovaina". sites.uclouvain.be (in español). Retrieved 2018-09-25.
This article "Jane Arnold Morgan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jane Arnold Morgan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.