April 25, 1990|
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 8 in (203 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg; 15 st 10 lb)|
Greenville Road Warriors|
Hartford Wolf Pack
Pionniers De Chamonix-Morzine
116th overall, 2008|
Search Jason Missiaen on Amazon.
Jason Missiaen (// MISH-ən, born April 25, 1990) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey goaltender. He last played for the Pionniers De Chamonix-Morzine of the Ligue Magnus. Missiaen was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in 2008, but was acquired by the New York Rangers as a free agent in 2011.
Prior to his playing for the Rangers minor league affiliate (the Whale), he began his professional career with the Greenville Road Warriors of the ECHL Missiaen's junior career was something of an anomaly in that he played for two different leagues in the CHL: the Peterborough Petes of the OHL and the Baie-Comeau Drakkar of the QMJHL.
After the 2012–13 Whale season, he was added to the Rangers' playoff roster. During the 2013–14 season he was recalled to the Rangers to serve as the backup to Henrik Lundqvist for an October 19, 2013 game against the New Jersey Devils. After being returned to Hartford the next day, he was recalled again on October 24, before returning to Hartford after serving as the Rangers' back up goalie for two more games.
He continued to play for both the Wolf Pack and Road Warriors in 2014–15, before moving to Poland for the 2015–16 season, where he signed with STS Sanok. He then played for Pionniers De Chamonix-Morzine in France for the 2016–17 season, before retiring from professional hockey.
- "Jason Missiaen prospect profile". Hockey'sFuture.com. 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- The Hockey News: Insight on the NHL and the world of hockey
- "Rangers call up 10 players from Whale". New York Rangers. April 28, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "Missiaen Called Up To New York Rangers". Chatham-Kent Sports Network. October 17, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Rangers Recall Two Forwards And Goaltender From Hartford". CBS Local. October 20, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Rangers transaction". Yahoo!. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Jason Missiaen Re-Joins Wolf Pack". Hartford Wolf Pack. October 27, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- Jason Missiaen career statistics at EliteProspects.comLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Jason Missiaen career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Jason Missiaen" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jason Missiaen. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.