This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
July 27, 1983
💵 Salary :
Jay Foley, popularly known as Foley, is a radio and television presenter in Ghana who is known for representing Ghana to cover the 2013, 2015 and 2016 Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards. He was appointed as the manager of a Ghanaian highlife singer, Bisa Kdei.
Foley is spearheading an intriguing tourism campaign in Ghana known as the Sky Marshals where he embarks on these journeys to Ghana's finest and also breathtaking sites, trying to create awareness of barely known beautiful scenery in Ghana and its tourism potential.
Early & Family Life
Foley hails from Sekondi-Takoradi in the Western Region. He is the youngest of three children.
Foley attended Bishop Bowers Junior Secondary School from 1989 to 1998, and then Achimota School (Visual Arts) from 1999 to 2001. He grew up in many different communities, which influenced his creativity. To further his knowledge of music, he decided to study sound engineering with the legendary Ghanaian music producer Hammer at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
He married Jossie in December 2014.
Foley started a network for young people who had a burning desire to become great achievers. He called it 2131, with the tagline, "Lead, Challenge or Just Forget It". He later joined Y FM, rising through the ranks to become the General Manager of the station in 2011. Foley is the co-host of Live Breakfast Club, the morning show on LIVE 91.9 FM, where he also doubles as the Business Manager. He is now the host of Prime Morning, a morning show aired on Joy Prime
As a student of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Foley started a network called 2131 with the tagline "Lead, Challenge or Just Forget It". It was his way of committing to networking with like-minded individuals and made him develop a mindset that encouraged him to continually work hard at being successful. Foley set up his first company, The Radio Advertising People (T.R.A.P), which specialized in recording radio commercials. It was born out of an idea to train himself as a sound engineer, and also to understand the power behind a speech. He trained himself in the art of voice-overs advertising and has become of the most sought after voice-over artist. He believes in “living an exemplary lifestyle to inspire young men and women out there” who are a part of his growing fan base. The T.R.A.P experience presented him with an opportunity to join leading entertainment television channel, 4StyeTV, as a host in its early days – a position he still holds.
Achievements and Endorsement'
- First Ghanaian Journalist to officially cover the European Music Awards in Frankfurt, Germany 2012.
- First Ghanaian Journalist to cover the BET AWARDS 2015.
- Brand Ambassador for Remy Martin in 2016.
- MTN Brand Ambassador 2013 - 2015.
- Guinness Ghana “Brand Influencer” 2017.
- "Jay Foley to attend BET Awards". www.ameyawdebrah.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Jay Foley and Vanessa Gyan leave Ghana for 2016 Bet Awards". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Web, Ghana. "Jay Foley takes over as new manager of Bisa Kdei". Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Photos: Jay Foley Marries". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- "Jay Foley Is Now Programmes Manager At YFM". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Jay Foley reacts to 'mockery' comments on Abraham Attah". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Tigo, Joshua (2019-12-04). "Prime Morning: Naa Ashorkor, Jay Foley to host new morning show on Joy Prime". Adomonline.com. Retrieved 2020-01-13.
- Ghana, News. "Jay Foley Represents Ghana In Germany For 2012 European Music Awards". Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Nyavor, Eugene. "Jay Foley Arrives In The Unites States for BET Awards!". Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Agency, GhanaNews. "Remy Martin Cognac to launch campaign in Ghana". Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- GH, ENEWS. ""I thank them for the recognition" – Jay Foley reacts to new Guinness deal". Retrieved 2017-04-19.
|This Ghanaian biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Jay Foley" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jay Foley. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.