Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs
|Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs|
|🏳️ Nationality||U.S., Netherlands|
|Known for||Dutch and American History, Leiden American Pilgrim Museum|
Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs is an American historian, author and director of the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum. After study at The University of Chicago, he completed his degree work at the University of Leiden (Ph.D., 1976).. Bangs is known for his study on the pilgrims and his books written on Dutch and American history.
Bangs was born on the 20th January 1946 in Astoria, Oregon but he was mostly raised and around Chicago. His father was Carl Bangs, a church historian and theology professor. During high school he was a bassoonist and was accepted into the Julliard School., Bangs decided not to go.
He studied at Chicago and completed his undergraduate and graduate on art history education at Leiden university in 1976.
Jeremy Bangs worked as Chief Curator at Plimouth Plantation from 1986 to 1991. After, he worked as Visiting Curator of MSS at Pilgrim Hall Museum and as Assistant Archivist at Scituate Town Archives from 1993 to 1996. He founded the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum in 1997 and has worked there to this date.
Dr. Bang's Honor
Dr Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs was named as a Knight on the Order of Oranje-Nassau by King Willem-Alexander. On April 27th 2018, the mayor of Leiden, Henri Lenferink, presented Dr. Bangs with this knighthood
- Cornelis Engebrechtsz.'s Leiden (1979)
- The Pilgrims in the Netherlands: Recent Research : Papers Presented at a Symposium Held by the Leiden Pilgrim Documents Center and the Sir Thomas Browne Institute (1985)
- The seventeenth-century town records of Scituate, Massachusetts (1999)
- Church Art and Architecture in the Low Countries Before 1566 (1997)
- Pilgrim Life in Leiden: Texts and Images from the Leiden American Pilgrim Museum (1997)
- Indian Deeds: Land Transactions in Plymouth Colony, 1620-1691 (2002)
- Pilgrim Edward Winslow: New England's First International Diplomat : a Documentary Biography (2004)
- Strangers and Pilgrims, Travellers and Sojourners: Leiden and the Foundations of Plymouth Plantation (2009)
- The Travels of Elkanah Watson: An American Businessman in the Revolutionary War, in 1780s Europe and in the Formative Decades of the United States (2015)
- New Light on the Old Colony: Plymouth, the Dutch Context of Toleration, and Patterns of Pilgrim Commemoration (2019)
- "Jeremy Bangs | LAPMF". www.leidenamericanpilgrimmuseum.org.
- Lydialyle Gibson|The University of Chicago Magazine — Nov–Dec 2013
- Darling, Erin. "Dr. Jeremy Bangs' Honor - The Mayflower Society". www.themayflowersociety.org.
- Bangs, Jeremy Dupertuis (November 7, 2019). New Light on the Old Colony: Plymouth, the Dutch Context of Toleration, and Patterns of Pilgrim Commemoration. Brill. ISBN 9789004413849 – via Google Books. Search this book on
This article "Jeremy Bangs" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Jeremy Bangs. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.