|Born||October 1966 (age 52) |
|Style||Contemporary, Impressionist |
Early life[edit | edit source]
Zoob trained at the Central School of Art and at the University of Nottingham. She worked as a theatre designer before becoming a full-time artist in 2000. While at university, she travelled through China and Indonesia, learning local techniques that she would later weave into her paintings. These journeys have inspired her throughout her career.
Career[edit | edit source]
Zoob mainly works with oil paints, which are built up and scraped back over time before a final application of glaze. Some of her pieces take several years to create, and her work is highly sought after by world renowned architects, interior designers and property developers.
She exhibits regularly in and around London - including at the Loughran Gallery, Rove Gallery, The Great Room 1508 London, NEOBankside and Medici Gallery - and has works in private collections worldwide. Zoob has also been the featured contemporary artist at London Design Week in Chelsea Harbour.
Zoob launched an exclusive solo show, Dancing with Colour, at the Loughran Gallery in September 2013. The launch event was attended by Harry Styles of One Direction, who purchased and was photographed beside Zoob's work Passion 5.
In 2014, Zoob collaborated with ROMO black edition on a series of wall coverings, fabrics and cushions. In the same year, she was recognised with the 'Best British Pattern' award at the Elle Decoration British Design Awards.
In 2015, Zoob's work was displayed in South Africa for the first time when she partnered with Southern Guild to host 'Passion and the Still Life' in Cape Town. The exhibit paired Zoob's 'Passion' collection with a curated selection of ceramics, sculpture, glass and curiosities by South African designers. She also exhibited 'Playtime', a new collection, at the Loughran Gallery.
References[edit | edit source]
- "JESSICA ZOOB LTD - Officers (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
- "'Desire' by Jessica Zoob". Black Edition. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Jessica Zoob". Loughran Gallery. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Magazine, SUITCASE. "SUITCASE Meets: Jessica Zoob | SUITCASE Magazine". SUITCASE Magazine. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Interview with Jessica Zoob". Aesthetica Magazine. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "The Jessica Zoob Collection at Romo". Dear Designer. 19 December 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Creative Hub — ARTIST TEXTILES: A Contemporary Collaboration". creative-hub.org.uk. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Jessica Zoob Dancing With Colour | Olivia Cox". Olivia Cox. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "British artist Jessica Zoob heads in One Direction - Inside ID". www.insideid.co.uk. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Jessica Zoob private view". Tatler. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Desire by Jessica Zoob". Jayne Clayton. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "SOUTHERN GUILD GALLERY PRESENTS AWARD WINNING BRITISH ARTIST JESSICA ZOOB | SA CREATIVES". sacreativenetwork.co.za. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 788: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
This article "Jessica Zoob" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Jessica Zoob/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.