John Dietsch is a creator, teacher, speaker, and guide. John has credits as either a writer, producer, host or author of hundreds of non-fiction books, TV shows or films mostly focused on the outdoors, travel and fly fishing with more than twenty awards. Dietsch is perhaps best known in the entertainment industry for his work on the film A River Runs Through It where he supervised the fly fishing production, was instrumental in teaching the cast how to fly fish, and doubled for actor Brad Pitt while swimming a rapid in the film's final fishing scene. John also functions as a fly fishing consultant for the industry on fly fishing-based scenes in commercials, TV and film projects like Netflix's OZARK.
He is also known as a fly fishing guide, having guided since 1984 in Aspen Colorado. John also hosts retreats and trips that focus on the healing power of fly fishing through what he calls Transformational-Fly-Fishing™.
He is the co-author of the book Shadowcasting: An Introduction to the Art of Flyfishing and the author of the book Graced by Waters: Personal Essays on Fly Fishing and the Transformational Power of Nature.
He has hosted five seasons of the TV series he created and executive produced called Adventure Guides on Outdoor Channel and NBC Sports, and founded an online video community called Hook.tv.
John also enjoys teaching when he is not creating content, speaking or facilitating retreats.
- Dietsch, John; Gary Hubbell (1999). Shadowcasting: An Introduction to the Art of Flyfishing. Clinetop Press. Search this book on
- Dietsch, John (2020). Graced by Waters: Personal Essays on Fly Fishing and the Transformative Power of Nature. Post Hill Press. Search this book on
- Founder Castle Creek Productions
- Fly Fishing Coordinator for Theatrical Release A River Runs Through It (film) (1992)
- Hook.tv Fly Fishing Social Video Site (2007-2011) (Founder/CEO)
- Finding Joe Brooks (2019) Initial Documentary Research Producer (Wrote the initial trailer treatment which was and initial pitch reel only for the film that debuted in 2019)
- Big Movie Classics" (2018) TV Pilot and IMAX Film (producer)(interstitials & epilogue wrap-arounds for Legends of Flight). PBS
- The Social Life (2017)(Line Producer). Travel Series. HNN.
- Adventure Guides (2007-2012) TV Series (executive producer/showrunner/host/co-writer). NBC Sports and Outdoor Channel.
- Creative Juice (2006) TV series (executive producer) (Episodes 1-26). DIY Network
- Creative Juice for the Holidays (2005) (TV Special) (executive producer). DIY Network
- The Great Adventure (2005) TV series (executive producer/showrunner). Fine Living Network (Now called Cooking Channel)
- The Best of California (2002) TV series (executive producer/showrunner). Syndicated
- Rancho Los Alamitos: An Island in Time (2001) Exhibition Film (executive producer/director).
- Wild California (2000) (TV) (executive producer) (producer) (co-writer). The Travel Channel/Discovery
- California Tomorrow Today (1997) TV series (executive producer/host). United Airlines
- Self-Made in California (1995) TV series (supervising producer). CNBC
- Explore the Undiscovered (1996) TV series (executive producer/director/host). FOX Sports (Interstitial)
- Extreme Surfing (1994) One-Hour TV Special (co-writer). DVD
- Full Moon Show (1994) TV Series (writer). NHK
- Ski the Undiscovered (1996) TV series (executive producer/host). Fox Sports
- ESPN Interactive Fly Fishing School (1995) (CD-ROM Video segments) (writer, director, co-producer). Digital
- Ski with Andy Mill (1986) TV special (Writer/Associate Producer. ESPN
This article "John Dietsch" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:John Dietsch. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.