|Full name||John Aidan Reynolds|
|Date of birth||May 4th 1998|
|Place of birth||Seattle Washington|
|Height||1.86m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2013-2014||Emerald City Football Club|
|2014-2016||Seattle Sounders FC|
|2018-2019||Jong ADO Den Haag||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
John Aidan Reynolds (Footballer, born May 4th 1998) is a professional footballer who plays for CF Igualada. He was born in Seattle to an American mother and an Irish father. He holds dual citizenship of United States and Ireland.
Youth Career[edit | edit source]
Reynolds started his youth career with Emerald City Football Club playing under coach Bobby Howe (footballer, born 1945). He later spent a season with Redmond, Washington based club Crossfire Premier under coach Bernie James before joining Seattle Sounders FC Youth Academy under the tutelage of Darren Sawatzky and Dick McCormick
In the summer of 2012, aged 14, Reynolds had a successful trial with Italian side Empoli F.C. He decided to stay in The United States to continue his schooling. The following year he was invited to train with Ipswich Town F.C. academy in England, where he did so for two weeks. Reynolds subsequently returned to the United States and joined Seattle Sounders Youth Academy.
College[edit | edit source]
ADO Den Haag[edit | edit source]
Prior to joining ADO Den Haag, Reynolds played the 2017-18 season in Sitges with C.F. Suburense in Segunda Catalana Grupo 3. Reynolds announced in 2018 that he would sign for ADO Den Haag for the 2018-19 season, where he would play with the U21s. He scored his first goal in a friendly against Almere City FC U23 on August 28th, 2018. At the end of 2018-19, Reynolds elected not to take up the option of a second season with the Dutch club in favour of a move to Spain. Afer a successful trial, Johnny agreed to join CF Igualada for the 2019-20 season in the Tecera División.
Style of Play[edit | edit source]
Reynolds is two-footed and plays as a central midfielder. He is equally comfortable in an attacking or defensive midfield role. Empoli FC scout Luis Pomares described him as a 'little Stefan Effenberg'. Former coach Bobby Howe said of Reynolds; Johnny Reynolds is a very talented player. He has skill, confidence and creativity.  After string of impressive performances in 2016 Joseph Mondello reported; A true box to box midfielder, Reynolds’ ability to alternate between defensive duties and surging runs forward helped the Sounders control the midfield in both matches. 
He has more recently been deployed as a defensive midfielder by coach Virgilio Teixeira (footballer) at ADO Den Haag.
Reynolds is also a free kick specialist. In his final academy season for Seattle Sounders, four of Reynolds' seven goals came direct from free kicks.
References[edit | edit source]
- SoundersFC, Ones to Watch SoundersFC.com, September 4th, 2015
- SoundersFC, 15 Sounders FC Academy players commit to colleges on National Signing Day Sounders FC Communications, February 3rd, 2016
- USSDA, Academy Players Sign Off on College Commitments for Fall 2016 USSDA.com, February 9th, 2016
- SoundersFC, National Signing Day: Sounders FC Academy alums announce college commitments SoundersFC.com, February 3rd, 2016
- ADODenHaag, ADO DEN HAAG 2 WINT OEFENDUEL MET ALMERE CITY FC OP DE AFTRAP 2e-elftal resultaten, August 28th, 2018
- EmeraldCityFC, Hard Work And Dedication Paying Off! EmeraldCityFC.org, April 28th, 2014
- SoundersFC, Standout Performers Mondello, Joseph, February 4th, 2016
- SoccerWire, Around the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Stockpole, Kyle, April 1st 2016
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
- Johnny Reynolds at TransferMarkt.com
- JohnnyReynolds at ADODenHaag.nl
- Johnny Reynolds at ElonPhoenix.com
- Johnny Reynolds at USSoccerDA.com
This article "Johnny Reynolds" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Johnny Reynolds. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one."Article ?" contains a listed "?" character as part of the property label and has therefore been classified as invalid.