Joseph Kalimbwe (born 25 March 1993 Ndola, Zambia) is a Zambian Youth Leader serving as Chairperson of the Young African Sustainable Development Union . He served as President of the Student Representative Council of the University of Namibia in 2017   becoming the second international student after Francine Muyumba  of the Democratic Republic of Congo to hold the position.
|Young African Sustainable Development Union Chair|
|Assumed office |
|President of the University of Namibia Student Representative Council|
|Preceded by||Francine Muyumba|
|Born||March 25, 1993|
Ndola Copperbelt, Zambia
|Alma mater||University of Namibia|
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Kalimbwe graduated with a honors degree in Political Science from the University of Namibia. During his time at the university, he was actively involved in student politics and was later elected President of the Student Representative Council. He advocated for university reforms among university students but was later, along with three of his colleagues expelled and suspended from the institution  after an attempt to use an student cafeteria at the University's Windhoek Main Campus  .
Controversies[edit | edit source]
Youth Activism[edit | edit source]
The Patriot had quoted the incidence of his arrest in an interview as "university taking radical action" . Kalimbwe began to actively engage other young Africans on youth issues after his expulsion from the institution and joined the Young African Sustainable Development Union.
Kalimbwe has been speaking out on youth issues, asking to give opportunities to the youths.
|“||Youth investment can only be achieved if improvements of national strategic goals are focused on important sectors of a country such as education, health, agriculture and technological skills are correctly managed at national level - Youth Investment: The Lynchin of a nation's success.||”|
Kalimbwe quoted by Commissioner for refugees - Nkrumah Mushelenga - Confidente Newspaper .
Sources[edit | edit source]
This article "Joseph Kalimbwe" is from Simple English Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Joseph Kalimbwe/edithistory.
- http://www.yasdu2018.com. Union Representatives
- http://www.unam.edu.na/staff/joseph-kalimbwe. Kalimbwe SRC President
- http://zambianeye.com/zambian-elected-namibia-university-students-union-president. Zambian elected namibia university students union president|| Zambian Eye
- http://www.informante.web.na/node/7245. Xenophobia plagues Unam SRC polls | Informante
- https://www.namibian.com.na/165074/archive-read/SRC-president-expelled-from-Unam. SRC President expelled from Unam|| The Namibian
- https://www.namibian.com.na/165072/archive-read/Unam-students-threaten-to-break-into-cafeteria. Unam Students threaten to break into cafeteria|| The Namibian
- http://www.informante.web.na/nanso-raps-unam%E2%80%99s-hangula-over-knuckles.19397. Nanso raps unam’s HANGULA OVER knuckles | Informante
- https://www.namibian.com.na/165202/archive-read/Unam-SRC-leader-arrested. Unam SRC leader arrested - The Namibian
- http://www.nbc.na/src-president. SRC President | | Namibian Broadcasting Corporation
- https://thepatriot.com.na/index.php/2017/06/12/joseph-kalimbwe-speaks-out/ Joseph Kalimbwe Speaks Out|| The Patriot
- https://www.newera.com.na/2017/11/08/kalimbwe-and-friends-to-tackle-african-issues-in-youth-dialogue/amp/. Kalimbwe and friends to tackle African issues in youth dialogue | New Era Newspaper Namibia
- http://www.confidente.com.na/2017/01/peace-and-stability-as-the-pre-request-for-social-economic-development | Peace and stability as the pre-request for social economic development | Confidente