Joseph "Joe" Maestas
|Mayor of Española, New Mexico|
|Preceded by||Richard Lucero|
|Succeeded by||Alice Lucero|
Joseph M. Maestas is an American politician and the former mayor of Española, New Mexico, a city in Rio Arriba and Santa Fe counties with a population of just over 10,000 people. He was elected to serve on the city council, District 2, for nearby Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2014.
Maestas has also served as president of Hispanic Elected Local Officials, on the board of directors of the National League of Cities, and as president of the New Mexico Municipal League, a nonprofit, nonpartisan association whose member cities comprise all of the State's 103 incorporated municipalities. New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson appointed Maestas to the New Mexico Economic Partnership Board of Directors.
Maestas lost the 2008 Democratic primary in his bid for the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission, District 3. He considered running for New Mexico Lieutenant Governor in 2009 and for mayor of Santa Fe in 2013. On July 29, 2013, Maestas announced that he was running for a seat on the Santa Fe city council, District 2, in the March 2014 municipal election.
Maestas is employed as a civil engineer in the Albuquerque office of the federal Bureau of Reclamation.
- "2008 Primary Elections". Cvnmactionfund.org. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "Espanola Mayor Joseph Maestas Weighing Run as NM Lt. Guv". Democracy for New Mexico. 2009-08-07. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "Former Española mayor eyes Santa Fe top job – The Santa Fe New Mexican: Local News". M.santafenewmexican.com. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "Two seek east-side seat on council – The Santa Fe New Mexican: Local News". The Santa Fe New Mexican. 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- "CVNM". cvnm.org. 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "NM Voices for Children". New Mexico Voices. 2013-10-16. Retrieved 2013-10-16.[unreliable source?]
- "Contact Us Page – Albuquerque Area Office". Usbr.gov. 2011-06-20. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
|This article about a mayor in New Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page was moved from wikipedia:en:Joseph Maestas. It's edit history can be viewed at Joseph Maestas/edithistory