Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Joshua Michael Oren Cartu|
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Born||March 11, 1979|
|Baptised||March 11, 1979|
|Occupation||Business Executive, Cartu Drifting Team Owner|
|Known for||Ferrari "Test Pilot", Cartu Drifting Race Team, Member of 'Team Wolfpack'|
|Home town||St. Catharines, Canada|
|Board member of||Briggs Automotive Company|
|Awards||Gumball3000 Best Team Award (2014 & 2016), Ferrari 'Mr. Calvacade' Award (2015),|
|Website||Josh Cartu Facebook Account|
Josh Michael Cartu (born March 11, 1979) is a Canadian Ferrari racecar driver, Ferrari club president, and business entrepreneur.
- 1 Early years
- 2 Relationship with Ferrari
- 3 Gentleman Rallies
- 4 Briggs Automotive Company
- 5 MIG-29 Flight to Edge of Space
- 6 Gumball3000
- 7 Personal Life
- 8 References
Growing up in Canada, in the city of Saint Catharines, Ontario, Josh Cartu has always been fascinated by fast cars.
Cartu dreamed of one day becoming an astronaut or a fighter pilot. When neither one of those came to fruition, he settled for the adrenaline rush that speeding on the ground had to offer by becoming a gentleman race car driver with Ferrari/ AFCorse Racing. 
Josh Cartu is currently racing with AF Corse Italia, which also includes Giancarlo Fisichella, Gianmaria Bruni, and Michele Rugolo. In 2012, he was invited to join the AFCorse Racing Team to train in the GT Sports Car Racing class. He later trained with the AFCorse team for the 2013 European Ferrari Challenge Cup and has been testing, training and racing with the Italian based team with several Ferrari race cars.
Cartu is a regular participant in race rallies, including the Ferrari Cavalcade, Mille Miglia, Targa Florio, Gumball 3000. In 2014, Cartu and his team Wolfpack won Gumball3000's 'Best Team Award' for the first time. They raised over $60,000 USD for charity and were once again awarded with Gumball3000's 'Best Team Award' in May 2016.
In October 2014, Cartu was invited by Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat to participate in the city's Formula 1 'Road Show for Peace' event. Racing on behalf of AFCorse, he was accompanied to Israel with Ferrari teammates including former Formula 1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella, Marco Cioci and former GP2 Series driver Nathanaël Berthon. 
In June 2014, he was honored by Ferrari and presented with the 'Mr. Cavalcade' award in 2015, was the fastest driver through the slalom exercise. 
In January 2016, Cartu was interviewed by Forbes Magazine in a QA session explaining how sponsorship of racing functions work and the way in which branding and marketing takes place in the sport. 
Josh Cartu played the main role in the A film short scene action-comedy movie "Borrowed Time", which was released in 2012, and where he can be seen driving an Audi R8, one of the supercars he has owned before becoming a fully dedicated Ferrari driver and collector. The action is set in the city of Tel-Aviv, in Israel, and Josh plays the role of a secret agent, on a mission to engage an enemy agent driving a red Porsche 911 sports car. 
In his early years of entrepreneurship, Josh Cartu has owned several sports cars including a Honda S2000, a Porsche 911 Turbo, an Audi R8 and even a Lamborghini Aventador. His passion for cars has had him continuously upgrading his vehicles up until his first encounter with Ferrari. At that time, he realized that there is no other car brand in the world he'd rather be associated with. His search for the most amazing cars ever built had come to an end, and he sold all of his non-Ferrari sports cars so that he could dedicate himself to the Italian brand based in Maranello. 
Relationship with Ferrari
Josh's first step into the Ferrari family was marked by him purchasing a black Ferrari 458 Spider (the first one to ever be delivered to a client), in 2012. Since that moment, he has owned the following models: 
- Ferrari 458 Spider
- Ferrari F12
- Ferrari 458 Speciale
- Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta (one of 499)
- Ferrari F12 TDF (1 of 799)
- Ferrari 488 GTB
- Ferrari 488 Spider
- Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta (1 of 209)
- Ferrari GTC4 Lusso
- Ferrari 488 Spider
- Ferrari 812 Superfast
Three of the Ferraris he owns are limited edition models. The 458Speciale Aperta was the first limited edition Ferrari he has purchased, and the car features a Rosso Scuderia color with black and white stripes. His second limited edition Ferrari is the F12 TDF, which came in a Bianco Avus configuration. His latest limited edition is represented by the Bianco Italia LaFerrari Aperta. 
Josh Cartu has been considering for some time to purchase a classic Ferrari, one of the models that appeals to him being the 275 GTB.
Josh Cartu has always been keen on attending special Ferrari Events, such as the Ferrari on Ice, where he drove a FF a few year back, and most recently, the GTC4 Lusso in 2017, getting to grips with the four wheel drive machine on snow and ice covered surfaces, in the mountains of Italy. 
Josh Cartu has graduated from an array of official Ferrari Driving Courses, with very good results. It all started with him wanting to properly be able to handle the fast cars developed by the company, after his initial contact with his road going 458 in 2012. A list of some of the Ferrari developed courses he's graduated can be seen below: 
- Corso Pilota Challenge
- Corso Pilota Special Edition
- Corso Pilota Evoluzione
- Corso Pilota Avanzato
- Corso Pilota Sport
Test days with AFCorse Ferrari
Although taking part in several test days before, Josh Cartu has started seriously training for his career as a race driver in 2015, with a first session of driving at the Hungaroring race track, in the AF Corse Ferrari 458GT3. Ever since, he has taken part in multiple such events experiencing venues such as: 
- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
- Circuit Paul Ricard
- Autodromo Vallelunga Piero Taruffi
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza
- Misano World Circuit
- Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello
- Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari
- Circuit Ricardo Tormo
Although receiving guidance from several top race drivers and instructors along his career, Josh Cartu has been, for the past few years, very closely connected to AFCorse Race Driver and Instructor Michele Rugolo, originary from Italy. Michele has constantly provided Josh with important feedback during test days and race days, helping him become faster and faster with each ongoing lap. 
Throughout the years of taking up professional driving courses with Ferrari, attending special Ferrari Clienti events, going on test days and race days, Josh Cartu has driven an array of Ferrari race cars including: Ferrari 458 Challenge, Ferrari 458 Challenge Evo, Ferrari 458 GT2, Ferrari 458 GT3, Ferrari 488 Challenge, Ferrari 599XX. 
Ferrari Challenge Series
Josh Cartu made his debut in the Ferrari Challenge Series in 2016, taking part in a race at Daytona International Speedway, driving a Kessel Racing 458 Challenge. He qualified 5th for both races, with his best result being a P8 in his category in race one.
He would then go on to participate in Round 1 of the 2017 Ferrari Challenge Asia Pacific Series, which was held in Abu Dhabi, at Yas Marina International Circuit.
In 2017, Josh Cartu had set his focus towards the Ferrari Challenge Series Europe, spanning over a period of time of 6 months, with 7 different venues, and a total of 14 races. 
Fort 2018, Cartu will once again be competing in the Ferrari Challenge Series Europe.
The Ferrari Cavalcade is a special, invite only event, open for the top customers of the brand, coming in for multiple countries around the globe. Every year the rally takes place in Italy, but in different locations. The rally creates a mix of driving on public roads, race tracks and even locations that are not available to the public such as military airbases.
Ferrari Cavalcade 2012 : Bologna
In 2012, Josh Cartu took part in the first edition of the Ferrari Cavalcade rally in Italy. The layout of the course revolved around the city of Bologna, including main checkpoints like the "Dino e Enzo Ferrari" racetrack, the delta of the river Po, Modena, Maranello , two more race venues in Fiorano and Mugello and also the city of Florence. Josh Cartu took part in this edition of the rally driving his Grigio Silverstone Ferrari 458 Spider 
Ferrari Cavalcade 2013 : Florence
The second edition of the Ferrari Cavalcade rally, held in 2013, revolved around the city of Florence, and brought together almost 80 Ferrari owners. Josh Cartu would take part in the event this year as well, driving his Rosso Berlinetta Ferrari F12. 
Ferrari Cavalcade 2014 : Catania
For 2014, the organizers of the Ferrari Cavalcade decided to showcase the southern part of Italy to the 90 teams registered for the event. The fleet of Ferraris started off in Siracusa, going through Catania, Taormina, and driving along the roads of Mount Etna. Pergusa Circuit was used for the drivers to enjoy a few laps in their cars. In 2014, Josh came back in a V8 powered Ferrari, more specifically the 458 Speciale. 
Ferrari Cavalcade 2015 : Rome
The city of Rome was chosen as the main starting point for the 2015 Ferrari Cavalcade rally, and over 100 Ferrari owners signed up for the event. Among the most interesting stops of the year were Perugia, Assisi, Mount Terminillo, Lido di Ostia and the Vallelunga racing circuit. 2015 would mark Josh Cartu's first year of attending the rally in a limited edition Ferrari, the 458Speciale Aperta. 
Ferrari Cavalcade International USA 2015 : San Francisco
This marked the first ever International edition of the Ferrari Cavalcade rally, and it was meant to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the company in the United States. With the whole event being centered around the city of San Francisco, with stops in Stinson Beach, Napa Valley, Sonoma Raceway, Altamont, Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay, 70 Ferrari clients spent a total of five days experiencing the event together. Josh Cartu was part of the event, driving a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. 
Ferrari Cavalcade 2016 : Venice
Moving to the northern part of Italy for 2016, the Ferrari Cavalcade rally would set its starting point in the city of Venice. Participants drove through some very scenic routes once again, across the surroundings of the Venetian Lagoon, going all the way from the Dolomites to the delta of the river Po, then on to the Prosecco Hills and the Adria International Raceway. For the second year in a row, Josh Cartu would drive a limited edition Ferrari, this time a Bianco Avus F12 TDF. 
Ferrari Cavalcade International Japan 2016 : Kyoto
The second international edition of the Ferrari Cavalcade rally was scheduled to happen in Japan, in November of 2016, with the starting point being located in Kyoto. This event celebrated Ferrari's 50th birthday in the Land of the Rising Sun, and a large number of owners from both the Island and abroad signed up for the five days journey. This time around, Josh Cartu drove a Ferrari 488 Spider. 
Ferrari Cavalcade 2017 : Puglia
In 2017, Josh Cartu did not manage to attend the Ferrari Cavalcade rally Italy , due to a conflicting schedule with the Ferrari Challenge Series calendar. Aiming to get a good result by the end of the year, Josh decided to skip the rally in favor of the third round of the season, at the Hungaroring, where he managed to get a podium finish. 
The Mille Miglia rally is one of the most well known and prestigious road-going rallies in the world. Dating back to 1927, it always attracts a large selection of drivers and cars , willing to compete in the nearly 1600 km journey through Italy, starting and finishing in the city of Brescia. Josh Cartu has taken part in the Ferrari Tribute to Mille Miglia both in 2015 (with the 458 Speciale Aperta) and 2016 (with the 488 Spider). 
Founded in 1906, the Targa Florio,is one of the oldest sports car racing events ever to be organized. Ferrari pays tribute to this prestigious event by organizing the Ferrari Tribute to Targa Florio, every year in Sicily, with both the start and finish line being situated in Palermo. Josh Cartu has been part of this event both in 2015 (with the 488GTB) and 2017 (with the GTC4 Lusso) 
In 2017, Josh Cartu attended the Trofeo Tollegno 1900- Revival Lana Gatto , a regularity race for historic cars which also features several newer exclusive vehicles. For this event, Josh decided to bring his Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta to Italy, making it the only such model to be registered for the race, among a sea of other very special cars. The event was spread over a period of two days, around the small city of Tollegno, just 100 km west of Milano. 
Briggs Automotive Company
Cartu serves on the advisory board for the Briggs Automotive Company. The firm produced the BAC Mono single seater, rated 2nd fastest car on BBC's Top Gear test track. He began his relationship with the automotive firm in 2013 and later joined Canadian progressive house music producer Deadmau5 to custom design and test their own Bac Mono cars.
In late 2013, Josh Cartu had his first official test in the BAC Mono, a test which took place at Oulton Park in the United Kingdom. Excited with the maneuverability of the car, and the overall fun factor felt by driving it, Josh was becoming even more anxious to take delivery of his very own custom spec Mono, which would happen in the second part of 2014.
Josh Cartu would take delivery of a second, even more bespoke model, which also featured several upgrades as compared to the base version, in the second part of 2015. This car was brought over to the Hungaroring race track in 2016, to be put on display during the Gumball3000 stop at the venue . Josh would also fly this car to Sweden and the Isle of Man, for two events with BAC, the first of which implied testing the capabilities of the single seater on an ice covered surface. 
MIG-29 Flight to Edge of Space
On January 25, 2015, he traveled to Novgorod Russia where he journeyed to the MiGFlug Edge of Space Flight (22 km above the earth) in a Russian Mig29, performed several high G maneuvers himself (8G's) experienced a zero gravity bow and filmed the curvature of the earth.
Cartu is a member of 'Team WolfPack', a celebrity group of drivers owning exotic cars who together participate annually in Gumball3000, a 3,000-mile (4,800 km) international motor rally which takes place on public roads. It was started in 1999 by British entrepreneur, skateboarder and race car driver Maximillion Cooper. The list of Gumball events he has attended so far is as following:
- 2013: Copenhagen 2 Monaco
Josh Cartu first took part in the Gumball3000 rally in 2013. He drove his Ferrari F12 Berlinetta from Copenhagen to Monaco, accompanied by members of his family in a Novitec Rosso Ferrari 458 Spider and Rolls Royce Phantom EWB, in between the 19th to the 24th of May. 
- 2014: Miami/Edinburgh 2 Ibiza
In 2014 Josh Cartu took part in the last leg of the rally, again behind the wheel of his F12 Berlinetta. He started off in Edinburgh, on the 8th of June, arriving in Ibiza several days later on the 11th of June, after passing through London, Paris and Barcelona. This would mark his first year as an official member of Team Wolfpack, with the Tron-inspired livery becoming very successful with the audience following the event. 
- 2015: Stockholm 2 Las Vegas
For 2015, Josh Cartu attended the Gumball3000 rally as a part of Team Wolfpack once again, but without using any of his own cars. Instead, he drove the Wolfpack Ferrari 458Speciale during the last section of the rally, in the USA, arriving at the finish point in Las Vegas on the 29th of May. 
- 2016: Dublin 2 Bucharest
2016 marked Josh Cartu's first year in the Gumball3000 rally driving a limited edition Ferrari, his new F12 TDF. Both the TDF and the Phantom EWB were wrapped in Tron-inspired Wolfpack liveries, providing for a very special appearance at the starting grid in Dublin. His co-pilot for the event was Hollywood actor Sulivan Stapleton, best known for his roles in 300:Rise of an Empire and the NBC crime drama Blindspot. At the end of the event, Team Wolfpack received the Best Team award. 
- 2017: Riga 2 Mykonos
In 2017 Josh Cartu embarked on the Gumball3000 journey from Riga to Mykonos, behind the wheel of his custom built Novitec Rosso Ferrari 488 Spider, fitted with HRE Wheels, an inconel exhaust and multiple other upgrades.The Rolls Royce Phantom EWB was also brought in as a support vehicle. By the end of the week long journey, Josh Cartu and Team Wolfpack were awarded the Spirit of Gumball Trophy. 
One of Josh's big dreams was always to build an impressive, state of the art, apartment of his own. He chose Budapest, Hungary as the location for his plans, where he invested over 3 million Euro in pursuing that dream. Regarded as the most technologically advanced apartment in Hungary, the whole development and implementation was done with close support coming from Crestron, a high tech company based in the United States of America. The flat includes multiple intelligent functions, regarding both entertainment and environment control system, so that the optimum level of comfort can be achieved at all times, and regardless of outdoor conditions. 
Throughout the past few years Josh Cartu has constantly been working closely with multiple world renown companies in various domains.
Starting 2017 Josh Cartu has become an ambassador for the renown Swiss luxury watchmaker Hublot, a company also strongly associated with Ferrari, and one of the main sponsors of the Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team.
Josh is also very well acquainted with a large number of celebrities coming from the world of motorsports, such as former F1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella, current GT Racing driver Gianmaria Bruni, Formula E and GT Racing driver Nathanael Berthon. Josh Cartu has also often been seen spending time with Hollywood stars such as Jean Claude Van Damme, Robert De Niro and Sullivan Stapleton, and with highly acclaimed people involved in the music industry such as Deadmau5 (Joel Thomas Zimmerman) and Afrojack (Nick van de Wall) .
Josh Cartu is often featured in online videos created by celebrity car vloggers like Tim Burton (Shmee150) and Marco Bronzetti (Marchettino) , both of whom have showcased Josh's new garage additions in the past, to their audiences of several million people on Facebook and Youtube. 
It is not known how Josh Cartu made his millions and can afford a lavish lifestyle. The OSC (Ontario Security Commission) filed civil charges against Josh Cartu and his brothers for illegal binary options trading as part of a $233million dollar global scheme. The hearing has been scheduled 11 June, 2020 by teleconference. 
- Choros, Jack (2016-03-24). "Getting to Know Ferrari Driver Josh Cartu". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Agency, Speednet. "AFCorse Ferrari Test Pilot Josh Cartu to Race in Jerusalem Formula Event". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Racing The Dream: Ferrari Cavalcade 2015 Rome - Day 4". D'MARGE. 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Agrawal, AJ. "Josh Cartu On Sponsorship Branding In Formula 1". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Borrowed Time - short film". Vimeo. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Oravecz, Nora (2017-03-08). "From Honda to Ferraris: How Josh Cartu levelled up From a Car-retailer to a Millionaire". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Oravecz, Nora (2017-03-08). "From Honda to Ferraris: How Josh Cartu levelled up From a Car-retailer to a Millionaire". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Josh Cartu enjoys his Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta in Budapest". Autogespot.com. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Pilota Ferrari On Ice: Driving on Snow - Ferrari.com". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- Cartu, Josh. "Why every man should be a Ferrari owner". Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- Myers, Rebecca (2017-07-23). "I'm burning through cash on the race track". The Sunday Times. ISSN 0956-1382. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Best job in the world: Josh Cartu, gentleman Ferrari driver". Square Mile. 2016-11-04. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "[VIDEO] Interviu cu Josh Cartu - Playboy internațional - Cavaleria.ro". Cavaleria.ro. 2016-05-11. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Hey Josh Cartu, how did you get to race Ferraris?". Roadshow. 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ferrari Owners Celebrate The Brand At Cavalcade 2017". Motor1.com. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ferrari Cavalcade 2012 in Florence". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "2013 Ferrari Cavalcade | Autofluence". Autofluence. 2013-07-02. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ferrari Cavalcade 2014 in Sicily". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "The 2015 Ferrari Cavalcade". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "The International Cavalcade". Ferrari GT - en-US. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ferrari Cavalcade 2016". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ferrari Cavalcade International 2016". Ferrari GT - en-EN. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Scenic Driving at Ferrari Cavalcade 2017 - Photo Gallery". Sports Car Digest - The Sports, Racing and Vintage Car Journal. 2017-07-25. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Special: Josh Cartu at the Mille Miglia 2016". Autogespot.com. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ferrari Tribute Targa Florio 2017 - The Official Ferrari Magazine". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Targa Florio, fascino senza età Al via la rievocazione storica". Corriere della Sera (in italiano). Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "3rd Edition - 2017 | TROFEO TOLLEGNO 1900". www.trofeotollegno1900.it. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "3° Trofeo Tollegno 1900 - Revival Lana Gatto". NS Events (in italiano). Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "BAC Mono To Join This Year's Gumball 3000 Rally | carscoops.com". carscoops.com. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Watch BAC Mono supercars do their ice scraper impressions in Sweden". Motor1.com. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Space Tourism-The Ultimate High for Adventure Lovers". 31 Jan 2016.
- "Edge of Space Flight". 20 May 2015.
- Jones, Dolly (26 April 2007). "It's a Girl Thing - Vogue.com". Vogue.
- "Gumball 3000: Following Josh Cartu and Jon Olsson". Celebrity Cars Blog. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Gumball 3000: Team Wolfpack is ready!". Autogespot.com. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "The Official 2014 'Miami To Ibiza' Gumball 3000 Film Has Landed". Car Throttle. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Adams, Lawrence (2014-06-02). "Gumball 3000 2014 - Miami 2 Ibiza - Route Details! - GTspirit". GTspirit. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Gumball 3000 2015 - Stockholm to Vegas - Day 1 Photo Gallery". SuperStreetOnline. 2015-05-29. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Panait, Mircea (2016-04-19). "UPDATE: Josh Cartu & Team Wolfpack Enter the 2016 Gumball 3000". autoevolution. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Gumball 3000". www.gumball3000.com. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- Stolte, Niels (2017-06-27). "2017 Gumball 3000: Riga to Mykonos Preview - GTspirit". GTspirit. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Gumball 3000: Drive All Day, Party All Night - Speedhunters". Speedhunters. 2017-08-28. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Hey Josh Cartu, how did you get to race Ferraris?". Roadshow. 2017-08-18. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "The Ferrari hunter". www.pirelli.com. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Un tour en LaFerrari Aperta avec Josh Cartu". Motor1.com (in français). Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- http://www.autoblog.hu. "Egy Ferrari átvétele Budapesten – videó :: AUTOBLOG ::". :: AUTOBLOG ::. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Israeli-Canadian binary options brothers charged in alleged 233 million scheme". Thetimesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2020-05-08.
This article "Josh Cartu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Josh Cartu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.