K3 Sisters Band
Also known as: K3 Sisters
Origin: Mesquite, Texas, U.S.
Years active: 2009-present
Associated acts: Double Portion Band
Band Members: Kaylen Michelle Kassab Kelsey Rose Kassab Kristen Victoria Kassab Jamie Shipman Kassab Bruce Ray Kassab
Past Members: Jon Mastin Kalem Bradley Nathaniel Abraham
The K3 Sisters Band is an American pop band formed in June of 2009 in Mesquite, Texas. The band is made up of sisters Kaylen Michelle Kassab, Kelsey Rose Kassab, Kristen Victoria Kassab and parents Jamie Shipman Kassab and Bruce Ray Kassab. They are best known for their harmony vocals, original songs, and multi-instrumental skills. As of August of 2018 the group has released two EPs titled #RUReady4K3?! and Texas Sampler in addition to six full length albums titled: Dancin’ with the Angels, The Party Never Ends, Superstar!, Scots Wha Hae, Coffee House LIVE, South Side LIVE, Corner Theater LIVE, and Hurricane of Love LIVE.
Early Life 2004-2008
In 2004 Kaylen and Kelsey began singing on stages across Texas as part of their parents' Double Portion Band. The girl's parents Jamie Shipman Kassab and Bruce Ray Kassab had formed Double Portion in 1996. Youngest sister Kristen joined Double Portion as a vocalist in 2006, and along with her sisters began studying fiddle under Steve Marian, a Suzuki method violin teacher.During 2007 and 2008 the three girls joined Double Portion's "Texas Whirlwind Tour" which took them to venues across Texas and Oklahoma including the Gene Autry Film and Music Festival, Mesquites' Double D Ranch, the Texas International Music Association's (TIMA) Spring Concert and Sunnyvale's Sunnyfest Festival. Later that same year at 5, 7 & 9 years old the K3 Sisters were named 2009 Fiddling Trio of the Year by Marion Studios, and received three Golden Guitar Awards by the Texas International Music Association.
Dancin' with the Angels- The Party Never Ends 2009-2011
In 2009, backed by the Double Portion Band, Kaylen, Kelsey & Kristen recorded their first studio album titled "Dancin' with the Angels" on which they sang and played fiddles.The album was released on independent label Bruce Ray Productions (BRP), and from that point on they began performing as the K3 Sisters Band; K3 being an acronym of the first letter of each of their names. For the next two years, the band performed educational assembly concerts for public schools throughout in the Garland Independent School District (GISD) where they "found a way to create a unique sound fusing Celtic, bluegrass, Americana and pop."After performing these shows in 19 GISD public school auditoriums, cafetoriums and gymnasiums, Brenda Hass, GISD fine arts coordinator approved the K3 Sisters Band's- "Power of 3" concert for several thousand GISD students at the Curtis Cullwell Center Arena (formerly Garland Special Events Center).Catching the attention of festival talent buyers that same year, the band was invited to perform at the 25th Annual Taste of Dallas Festival, and won the first place prize of $5,000.00 for their original song "The Party Never Ends" for the festival's Taste of Talent band contest. This led to the band performing numerous shows at Grapevine's Great Wolf Lodge and Six Flags Over Texas. In support of their performances the band recorded and released their second studio album "The Party Never Ends," on BRP.The K3 Sisters Band was named 2011 Family Group of the Year by the Scottish Society of Dallas.
As a result of the band's appearances at Arlington's Six Flags Over Texas and the original "Power of 3" show, the band produced other theme shows such as their "World's End Tour Show," and "Singing with Strings & Highland Flings. In addition to numerous performances at Grapevine's Great Wolf Lodge, the group performed at Texas Festivals including: Ft. Worth's Mayfest, Grapevine's Main St. Days and Grapefest, Lewisville's Western Days, Mercedes' Rio Grande Valley Livestock Show, Scottish Society of Dallas Tartan Day Festivals, and Allen's Celtic Festival. The band released their 3rd and 4th studio albums "Scots Wha Hae" and "Superstar" on BRP in support their Texas festival and fair shows.
K3 Sisters LIVE! 2017- Present
In 2018 the band parred down to its original five family members of Kaylen, Kelsey, Kristen, Jamie and Bruce Kassab, and began performing mostly acoustic shows in coffee houses across North Texas. The band began experimenting with live recordings of these shows which resulted in four albums released by Bruce Ray Productions from March to August 2018 namely; "K3 Sisters Band- Coffeehouse LIVE", K3 Sisters Band-South Side LIVE", "K3 Sisters Band- Corner Theater LIVE", and the 24 song double album K3 Sisters Band-Hurricane of Love LIVE". In the summer of 2018 the K3 Sisters Band was a headline performer at Donnie Nelson's Red White and Freedom Celebration at The Colony's Lava Cantina in Texas.
Kristen Victoria Kassab [born 29 December 2003 (age 14)- lead and backing vocals, fiddle, mandolin, percussion (2009- present)
Kelsey Rose Kassab [born 19 June 2001 (age 17)- lead and backing vocals, fiddle, guitar, bass, percussion (2009-present)
Kaylen Michelle Kassab [born 5 September 1999 (age 18)- lead and backing vocals, fiddle, guitar, harmonica (2009- present)
Jamie Kassab [born 28 March 1967 (age 51)- backing vocals, guitar, percussion, drums (2009- present)
Bruce Raymond Kassab [born 15 August 1954 (age 64) guitar, mandolin, dobro, banjo, harmonica, pennywhistle, bass, drums (2009- present)
Jon Mastin- bass (2010)
Kalem Bradley- bass (2010-2017)
Nathaniel Abraham- drums, occasional keyboard, guitar and bass (2011-2017)
The K3 Sisters have been described as pop, folk-pop, Celtic and Texas country. The band cites a diversity of artists including Taylor Swift, the Jonas Brothers, 5 Seconds of Summer, Ed Sheeran, The Beatles, David Cassidy and the Partridge Family, The Grateful Dead and David Bowie as direct musical influences in their song writing.
|Dancin' with the Angels||Sep. 2011||Studio- 12 tracks||CD|
|Party Never Ends||Aug. 2013||Studio- 11 tracks||CD|
|#RUready4K3?!||Mar 2014||Studio- 3 tracks||CD- EP|
|Superstar||Aug. 2014||Studio- 9 tracks||CD|
|Scots Wha Hae||Aug 2014||Studio- 8 tracks||CD|
|Coffee House LIVE||2018||Live- 11 tracks||CD|
|South Side LIVE||2018||Live- 10 tracks||CD|
|Corner Theater LIVE||2018||Live- 13 tracks||CD|
|Hurricane of Love LIVE||2018||Live- 24 tracks||CD|
This article "K3 Sisters Band" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:K3 Sisters Band. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.
- Kelly Chambers, , "The Mesquite News", 08/29/13
- Anny Sivilay,[ http://starlocalmedia.com/mesquitenews/news/a-family-affair-family-singers-talk-tunes-school-and-free/article_aef79ba8-260f-11e8-9de9-1b230c3fb37b.html "A Family Affair: Family Singers Talk Tunes, School and Free Time"], "Mesquite News- Star Local Media",03/15/18
- Debbie Isham, City of Tyler Event & Recreation Manager,"Azaela Arts and Crafts Fair to be held in Rose Garden", "Tyler Morning Telegraph", 03/21/17
- Tom Keener,"Celtic Festival", "Allen Image Magazine p.16", 02/19/15
- Susan Morrison, Ed., [Article in "The Mesquite News"], "Shipman, Double Portion to perform in Garland for Mesquite based recording and production company Bruce Ray Productions", 03/18/99
- [Article in "Power Source Music Magazine"], "The Evolution of Christian Country Music-Bruce Ray Productions" p.12], 09/12/99
- Dan R. Barber,[Article in "The Dallas Morning News"] "Advancing to New Career Stages", 03/30/99
-  Retrieved 09/04/18
- Rachael Dickson,"Family Band Spreads Texas Sound Around State", "The Mesquite News",06/18/09
- Naquanna Comeaux, Ed., Dallas Morning News- Neighbors Go Section- Mesquite, "K3 Sisters to Perform Labor Day Concert"], 08/28/09
- [https://www.dallasobserver.com/event/k3-sisters-mellow-acoustic-coffee-house-show-9967644"K3 Sisters Mellow Acoustic Coffee House Show" in "Dallas Observer", 11/05/17
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2009). Dancin' with the Angels CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/ McClain's Recording, Garland, TX. (Original work published 2009)]
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2011). The Party Never Ends CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Mcclain's Recording, Garland, TX. (Original work published 2011)]
- Kim Pajot, Editor,"K3 Sisters Band- The Party Never Ends", "Granville Arts Center-Arts In Action",November-December 2011
- [http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=55&num=88405"North Texas e-News,03/22/14
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2015). #RUReady4K3?! CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2015)
- Template:Https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video id=8QQxma2mm-s&feature=vm "K3 Sisters Band LIVE on Stage in Texas- GrapeFest" 05/16/15
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2015)]. Superstar CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2015)]
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2015). Scots Wha Hae CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2015)]
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2018). Coffee House LIVE CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2018)]
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2018). South Side LIVE CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2018)]
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2018). Corner Theater LIVE CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2018)]
- [K3 Sisters Band. (2018). Hurricane of Love LIVE CD. Dallas, TX: Bruce Ray Productions/Crystal Clear Sound. (Original work published 2018)]
- Wendy Kay Strain, ["Double Portion Hits Milestone"], "Mesquite News Star Community Newspapers", 06/10/04
- Wendy Kay Strain, ["Double Anniversary"], "Mesquite News Star Community Newspapers- Arts & Entertainment 10A", 02/19/04
- Staff Reports, ["Double Portion to Perform in Cowboy Christmas Concert Series"], "Mesquite News Star Community Newspapers 5A", 11/30/06
- Chris McGathey, ["Seeing Double- Sunnyvale's Double Portion Joins Festival Lineup"], "Mesquite News Star Community Newspapers- p.19", 04/19/07
- [Article in "The Dallas Morning News- Neighbors Go- Mesquite- Arts & Entertainment Section"], "Sisters win awards at studio show", 06/19/09
- Rachael Dickson, "Family Band Spreads Texas Sound", "The Mesquite News", 06/18/09
- "Bruce Ray Productions". Cylex USA.
- Marcus Murphree, [Dallas Morning News- Garland Neighbors Go, "Sunnyvale Music Group Tours Educates Kids" p.14]"Dallas Morning News", 11/12/10
- Julieta Chiquillo, [Dallas Morning News- Garland/Mesquite Neighbors Go, "A Song to Sing- K3 Sisters Band Lends Musical Talent to Community Service" p.12G] "Dallas Morning News", 12/09/11
- Dawn Monroe,"Homeschooler Week at Great Wolf Lodge (Texas)" "Hustle.Mom.Repeat", 08/23/11
- City of Garland,"Plaza Theater- The Party Never Ends", "Garland City Press, Vol. XIX Issue 6, Dec. 2011
- Kim Pajot, Ed.,[Garland Granville Arts Center & Garland Cultural Arts Commission- Arts In Action News, "K3 Sisters Band- The Party Never Ends" p.4] November-December 2011
- Sarah Brubaker, Ed., Marcus Murphree, [Dallas Morning News- Mesquite Neighbors Go, "Sunnyvale Band Makes Impact Across Dallas Area" p.9] "Dallas Morning News", 08/05/11
- [://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDBwHYumdc] "K3 Sisters Live- Six Flags Over Texas 7/15/12" Bruce Ray Productions Publisher, 07/23/12
- Kelly Chambers,"It's a family affair", "Sunnyvale View- Star Local News", 08/29/13
- Joe Thomas,"Restaurants to Compete at Main Street Days" "Grapevine Texas Online", 05/09/12
- Tom Keener,"Celtic Festival", "Allen Image",March 2015 Vol. 25 Issue 3
-  09/26/14
- "Music Thursday Featuring K3 Sisters Band on June 20, 2017", Klyde Warren Park. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "K3 Sisters Band", Openingbellcoffee.com. Retrieved September 4, 2018
- "Lunch with the K3 Sisters- Opening Bell Coffee", "KERA Art & Seek", Retrieved September 4, 2018.
-  Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- ://login.vzw.com/cdsso/public/c/logout "K3 Sisters Band at Donnie Nelson's Red White & Freedom Party at Lava Cantina"] Bruce Ray Productions, Published 07/06/18
- OTHER WEB SOURCES/ARTICLES/REFERENCES https://www.guidelive.com/things-to-do/153119/2011-tartan-day-ceilidh-winfrey-point-at-white-rock-lake-dallas || http://www.grapevinetxonline.com/category/events/page/7/ || http://mckinneyfoodie.com/?p=241 || http://starlocalmedia.com/live_and_local/omg-lol-k-sisters-band-visits-mpac/article_ffe3429a-9e43-11e3-acc1-001a4bcf887a.html || http://docplayer.net/31738476-Schedule-of-events-75th-annual-rio-grande-valley-livestock-show-mercedes-texas-march-7-16-denim-diamonds.html #16 || http://www.dallasartnews.com/2014/03/k3-sisters-band-mckinney-performing-arts-center-march-22/ || http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/society/05-06-14-earth-day-leadership-dinner-ed-begley-jr/#slide=0 || https://whttps://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/the-scene/6th-Annual-North-Texas-Giving-Day-is-Thursday-275565941.htmlww.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/the-scene/6th-Annual-North-Texas-Giving-Day-is-Thursday-275565941.html || https://www.visitlewisville.com/Home/Components/News/News/948/973?arch=1 || https://www.guidelive.com/things-to-do/246355/k3-sisters-band-forney-community-park || http://www.dallasartnews.com/author/michaelroman/ || http://allenfriends.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/FriendsNews15MarApr.pdf || https://www.cityofallen.org/Calendar/Home/SingleEvent?eventID=2691 || https://vimeo.com/150948955 || https://www.heralddemocrat.com/news/20170608/3-things-to-do-this-weekend || http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/news/20170405/bluegrass-festival-success-with-quality-performers || https://www.dallasobserver.com/event/music-thursday-at-klyde-warren-park-featuring-k3-sisters-band-9538713 || https://www.klydewarrenpark.org/Things-To-Do/events/music-thursday-featuring-k3-sisters.html || https://www.openingbellcoffee.com/events/k3-sisters-band-afternoon-christmas-show || http://artandseek.org/calendar/event/85336/good-tidings-love-songs-amp-christmas-cheer-with-the-k3-sisters-band || http://www.firstdallas.org/events/sugar/ || https://texasfairs.com/p/resources-and-awards/preferred-suppliers/212
- [://www.dallasartnews.com/2014/03/k3-sisters-band-mckinney-performing-arts-center-march-22/] "K3 sisters Band at the McKinney Performing Arts Center"], "Dallas Art News- Dallas, TX Edition", 03/20/14