KCB Bank Burundi Limited
|Headquarters 🏙️||Bujumbura, Burundi|
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Loans, credit cards, savings, investments, mortgages|
|Total assets||US$33.6 million (2015)|
Number of employees
KCB Bank Burundi Limited, also Kenya Commercial Bank Burundi, or KCB Burundi, is a commercial bank in Burundi, licensed by the Bank of the Republic of Burundi, the national banking regulator.
As of December 2015[update], the parent Kenya Commercial Bank Group had total assets valued at bank's total assets were valued at KSh558 billion. (approx. US$5.613 billion KCB Burundi comprises 0.6 percent of the Group's total assets. Therefore, it is estimated that the bank's total assets were approximately US$33.6 million (KSh3.34 billion), as of December 2015. *(Note US$1.00 = KSh99.71 on 15 April 2016)
The bank is a member of the Kenya Commercial Bank Group (KCB Group), headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with subsidiaries in six East African countries. As of December 2012[update] KCB Group was the largest financial services organization in East Africa, by total assets and branch network. The Group has the widest network of banking outlets comprising over 225 branches and over 400 automated teller machines in Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
In February 2012, KCB Group received regulatory approval to establish a subsidiary in Burundi. KCB Burundi commenced provision of banking services on 8 May 2012, having been granted a commercial banking license on 18 April 2012. KCB Group became the first financial services group to establish subsidiaries in all countries of the East African Community.
In February 2020, KCB Burundi opened its third branch in the country in Gitega, Burundi's capital. This was after years of stagnation due to political unrest.
As of September 2020[update], KCB Burundi maintained the following three branches:
- Bujumbura - 2
- Gitega - 1
Other articles of the topic Banks : Bahrain National Holding BSC, Vancity Community Investment Bank, Banking Ombudsman Scheme (New Zealand), NDB Capital Limited, Bank of China (Canada), Credit Clear, Bank of America
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of banks in Burundi
- KCB Group
- Bank of the Republic of Burundi
- KCBB (15 April 2016). "KCB Burundi: Board of Directors". Bujmbura: KCB Burundi (KCBB). Archived from the original on 27 April 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2016. Unknown parameter
- BRB (3 September 2020). "Burundian Financial System: The Commercial Banks" (in French). Bujumbura: Bank of the Republic of Burundi (BRB). Retrieved 3 September 2020. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- CC (8 April 2016). "KCB Plans Sh10 Billion Rights Issue To Boost Thinning Capital Levels". Nairobi: Crested Capital (CC). Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- Wangalwa, Elayne (11 November 2014). "KCB posts 17% rise in its pretax Q3 results". Johannesburg: CNBC Africa. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- Nation Reporter (2012). "Local banks take on giants". Daily Nation. Nairobi. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- BDA Reporter (25 October 2011). "East Africa: KCB Is the Region's Largest Bank By Branch Network, Asset Base and Capital Base". Business Daily Africa (BDA) via AllAfrica.com. Nairobi. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- Gikunju, Washington (28 February 2012). "KCB gets regulatory approval to open outlet in Burundi". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- Xinhua (9 May 2012). "KCB opens shop in Burundi". New Times (Rwanda) Quoting Xinhua. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- Press Release (8 May 2012). "Press Releases: KCB Opens Burundi Subsidiary". Nairobi: Ratio Magazine. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- BDA Reporter (8 May 2012). "KCB completes EA presence with branch in Bujumbura". Business Daily Africa (BDA). Nairobi. Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- "KCB Burundi ouvre une agence à Gitega". 4 February 2020. Retrieved 3 September 2020. Unknown parameter
- Website of KCB (Burundi)
- Website of Kenya Commercial Bank Group
- Website of Central Bank of Burundi
- Foreigners watch as Kenya’s KCB banks profit in Burundi
This article "KCB Bank Burundi Limited" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:KCB Bank Burundi Limited. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.