Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Residence||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Advertising|
|Alma mater||University of Dar es Salaam|
|Occupation||Communications, Public Relations and Digital Media|
|Known for||Public Relations, Communications and Advertising|
|Title||Chief Executive Officer|
|Parent(s)||Mary and Daima Mmari|
|Awards||Associate Fellow of the Royal Commonwealth Society|
- 1 Kennedy Mmari was born in Kilimanjaro and raised in Dar Es Salaam. He went to Kisutu primary school for his primary education and joined the Kibasila High School for his secondary education. He joined the University of Dar Es Salaam 2013 and studied Public Relations and Advertising and gradhe uated in 2016.
- 2 Kennedy Mmari is the Founder and Chief Executive of Serengeti Bytes, a full-service Communications, Public Relations and Digital Media agency based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. He also work for a Tanzanian non-government organization, Shahidi wa Maji where he supports monitoring and evaluation, field documentation and providing technical advice on communication and advocacy; research design and management; authorship and publication of documents and other media and address knowledge gaps, share lessons, inspire practice and support a growing community of practice, to accelerate the contribution of social accountability practice to deliver the Sustainable development goals.
- 3 Prior to Serengeti Bytes and Shahidi wa Maji, Kennedy worked as a Communication Officer for Raleigh International Tanzania, a sustainable development organisation which harnesses the passion and energy of young people to effect positive change. During his time at Raleigh, he supported all external communication efforts authored several publications including annual reports, news articles, press releases, blogs and social media management. Some of Mr. Mmari’s publication include publishing on the Guardian Newspaper (UK) and several other publications on Raleigh International’s website, as well as local newspapers and television stations.
- 4 With over 6 years worth of experience in the areas of Public Relations, Communication and Digital Media in both NGO and private sector, Kennedy is also an Associate Fellow of the Royal Commonwealth Society and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Goalkeeper, the honorary associations as a result of his commitment and contribution to various areas of Sustainable Development Goals in Tanzania.
- 5 Kennedy has one child, Kennedy Mmari Jr. who was born in January 2019
- 6 https://www.serengetibytes.com