Kesari Patil (“केसरी पाटील” in Marathi, born April 10, 1935) is a patriot, farmer, teacher, tour guide, entrepreneur, millionaire. He holds Indian citizenship and is the founder of Kesari Tours - A World Class Travel Company.
|Kesari Patil (“केसरी पाटील” in Marathi)|
|Born||April 10, 1935|
Mathane, Palghar, Maharashtra, India.
|Children||Veena, Shailesh, Jhelum, Himanshu|
He was born and raised in remote village Mathane near Saphale in Maharashtra, In 1955, Kesari moved to Kosbad, in Maharashtra's Palghar district, to pursue a diploma in farming. One year later, at the age of 21, he bagged his first job that of an agriculture teacher, at Borde High School in the same district. Alongside, He had to manage the family's farming, which proved to be a challenge, given the distance. So, in 1957, He picked up a teacher's job at Vidyabhavan, in Saphale where he taught farming as well as other subjects like history, geography and Hindi. After completing diploma training from SP College in Pune, He added physical education to his repertoire. In the course of the decade that he spent at this school.
In 1967, He joined Raja Rani Travels founded by his brother Rajabhau as a partner in Mumbai. He worked at Raja Rani Travels for 17 years and then Started his own business. In 1984, He started his own venture, Kesari Tours and Travels.
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Kesari Raoji Patil was born on April 10, 1935 in village Mathane, in Palghar Taluka. The son of Raoji Patil, a farmer and member of Taluka Board (A Pivotal local governing body). Kesari used to call his father 'Anna' and he was youngest of four siblings.
Education[edit | edit source]
He completed his class VII education in saphale village in maharashtra. Then traveled to vasai to study Class XI. In 1955, He pursued his diploma in farming at kosbad, Palghar district, Maharashtra. Later on completed diploma training from SP College in Pune.
Career[edit | edit source]
Borde High School[edit | edit source]
In 1956, At the age of 21, He joined Borde High School as an agriculture teacher with salary of Rs 85 per month.
Vidyabhavan[edit | edit source]
In 1957, he picked up Teacher's Job at Vidyabhavan, in Saphale, Maharashtra.
Raja Rani Travels[edit | edit source]
In 1967, He joined his brother's Rajabhau's Travel agency “Raja Rani Travels” in Mumbai and he accepted his offer of joining him as a partner. He worked at Raja Rani Travels for 17 years.
Kesari Tours[edit | edit source]
In 1984, He quit his brothers agency to set up his own venture, Kesari Tours and Travels with seed capital of Rs. 1.85 lakh. As of Dec 2011 kesari tours has 11 branches in India and abroad, with total staff strength of around 700. Over the years they have set up 24 subsidiaries. Since inception they have catered to 30 million customers.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Family[edit | edit source]
Kesari Patil married Sunita when he was working for Raja Rani Travels. She became vice-chairman of the company Kesari Tours. They have 4 kids starting with older kids Veena, Shailesh, Jhelum and Himanshu.
Published books[edit | edit source]
Awards and recognition[edit | edit source]
- In 2009, Kesari Pail won lifetime achievement award from The Galileo Bird Travel World Awards 2009.
- In 2015, Kesari Patil won Gallery of Legends Award by West India Travel Awards.
[edit | edit source]
- Greatbhet with Kesari Patil. Maharashtra1Tv, Youtube. July 18, 2016.
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Patil, Kesari (April 10, 2014) [April 10, 2013]. A journey called life : memories of a successful pioneer of Indian tourism (Second ed.). Pune: Ameya Prakashan. ISBN 9789350800263. OCLC 898851042.
- "Legacy of Values". A Journey Called Life. Ameya Prakashan. April 10, 2014 [April 10, 2013]. p. 12. ISBN 978-93-5080-026-3.
- Shanbaug, Amit (December 26, 2011). "Kesari Tours & Travels: Despite late start Kesari Patil made his travel firm a big success". Economic Times.
- "For founder chairman of Kesari Tours life is a never-ending adventure..." DNA India. April 30, 2010.
- "The rivals". hindustantimes. July 7, 2008.
- "World Class Travel Company:Group Tours | Contact us".
- A Journey Called Life - Memories of a successful Pioneer of Indian Tourism. Ameya Prakashan. April 10, 2014 [April 10, 2013]. pp. 29, 31, 46. ISBN 978-93-5080-026-3.
- "Change makers". Being-change-makers. May 20, 2013.
- Patil, Kesari. "प्रवास...एका प्रवासाचा". ameyainspiringbooks.
- "प्रवास एका प्रवासाचा-Pravas Eka Pravasacha by Kesari Patil - Ameya Prakashan - BookGanga.com". Bookganga.
- Sen, Karishma. "Kesari Tours Undergoes Major Overhaul". Travel Trends Today.
- Ghadge, Rajesh (October 16, 2015). "India Travel Awards honors the stalwarts of travel industry in glittering ceremony". Goaprism.
- "Awards | India Travel Awards". India Travel Awards.
Kesari Patil[edit | edit source]
Kesari Patil[edit | edit source]
This article "Kesari Patil" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kesari Patil. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.