Kevin James Salveson
Kevin James Salveson
Kevin James Salveson
|Born||November 2, 1968|
Los Angeles, CA
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Producer, Author, CEO|
|Labels||Extablisment Media, Colony Records, Salvus Corp|
|Associated acts||The Undertoad, Silphium, that dog, FAZI, The Vituperios, KAL|
Kevin James Salveson (born November 02, 1968) is an American musician, author, CEO, and former Morgan Stanley stockbroker. He is the CEO of Salvus corporation, owner of Extablisment Media (which has released over 30 albums and hundreds of Youtube videso since 2014), and publishes his work at website Ideasmilliondollar. He has been a member of several American and international musical acts, including The Undertoad of Pomona, CA with Edward Tessier  In addition, he is the author of several novels, published works of journalism, and works of non-fiction. His most recent publication "Trumpocalypse Not".  was released in 2017. He has written for theater publication Backstage and the newspaper Beijing Scene while living and performing in China at venues such as The China World Trade Center. 
Kevin James Salveson grew up in the Los Angeles suburb of Claremont, California. He graduated from Damien High School in nearby La Verne, California in 1986. He is the nephew of music producer Walter Meskell. He attended Loyola Marymount University where he received a BA in writing and authored, produced and starred in theater piece "Andy Warhol's Sleep". He was also twice named Editor of Literary Journal, LA Miscellany  and received a record 6 writing awards during his time at the university. In 1993 he published his first work of short stories and fiction with notable Pomona musician Jon Roa, titled "Salvation Road". The book was about living with the homeless population of Santa Monica, California while playing music in the nascent Pomona Arts Colony in Pomona, CA.
In 1990 Salveson joined the political punk rock band The Undertoad featuring developer, handicapped-rights activist, and founder of the Pomona Arts Colony Edward Tessier.  The band released several songs on the Colony Records album of 1993, "The Big Balloon Theory". They performed throughout Los Angeles, including at venues such as Pomona College and Raji's. Their 1994 shows at The Music Machine were notable for having pop group that dog perform for the first time together in public while opening for the band. Salveson was also a DJ and Director for KXLU, 88.9 FM, the Los Angeles alternative radio station, acting as Public Affairs Director and host of Alternative Outlook, a show about politics from 1991 to 1993.
In the mid-1990's Salveson moved to China where he performed work for the United Nation's Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing while forming a band with Yuan Ming Yuan Arts Colony seminal figure of Chinese_rock, FAZI.He went on to produce FAZI's debut album. 
He returned to the United States and joined Wall Street firm Smith Barney in 1999. During his tenure there he was frequently quoted in local newspaper The Daily Bulletin. Following the sale of his independent brokerage business in 2014, he founded Salvus Corporation and Extablisment Media. He since published numerous books and over thirty albums by various artists on the Extablisment label (including his own album, Salvotablets). As a filmmaker, Salveson has produced over 250 music videos for his label and artists since 2014.
In 2013, Salveson was instrumental in helping to secure the conviction of the perpetrator of an automobile attack on Venice Beach, CA which killed one and injured 16.
In 2017 his band Silphium, named after the ancient lost grain, produced the popular dreampop style album "Cult of Demeter." Silphium features the vocals of Lara Ausensi. The same year he also published non-fiction political commentary "Trumpocalypse Now", which he terms a "diatribe" against Donald Trump. He is also an active public speaker and performer. His last public speaking event was at Pomona College in Claremont, CA addressing the Sagehen Capital hedge fund trust principals regarding capital markets topics. Currently Salveson hosts a local open mic night and literary salon at the Packinghouse complex in Claremont, CA. 
Selected Discography & Works
- The Big Balloon Theory (Colony Records, 1993)
- Salvation Road, a Novel (Salvus, 1994)
- Salvotablets (Extablisment, 2016)
- FAZI (Extablisment, 2015)
- Bioluminescence (Extablisment 2015)
- Laser Picium (Extablisment, 2016)
- Keep Your Cool by Six Figures" (Extablisment, 2016)
- Look At All The Pretty Colors (Extablisment, 2015)
- You're On Extinction (with The Vituperios) (Extablisment, 2016)
- Trumpocalypse Not (Extablisment Media, 2017)
- "ideas million dollar finance humor lit culture hollywood travel family". ideas million dollar finance humor lit culture hollywood travel family.
- Salveson, Mr Kevin James (5 September 2017). Trumpocalypse Not: A Political Diatribe. Extabisment. ISBN 978-0999405406. Search this book on
- Huot, Marie Claire (2000). China's New Cultural Scene: A Handbook of Changes. ISBN 978-0822324454. Search this book on
- "Los Angeles Miscellany (LMU)". www.facebook.com.
- "The Big Balloon Theory by Various Artists".
- https://www.fazimusic.com. Missing or empty
- "Extablisment Releases Debut Album by FAZI 发子, the Father of Beijing Rock & Roll". www.newswire.com.
- https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-20487189.html. Missing or empty
- "Kevin J Salveson - Album Discography - AllMusic". AllMusic.
- Dave, Paresh (17 December 2013). "Witness recalls 'manic grin' on Venice boardwalk crash suspect" – via LA Times.
- http://www.allmusic.com/artist/silphium-mn0003560301%7Cwebsite=AllMusic%7Caccessdate=27 September 2017}}
- Salveson, Kevin James (2017-09-05). Trumpocalypse Not: A Political Diatribe. ISBN 978-0999405406. Search this book on
- "Jack Smith didn't win a Pulitzer, only a 'Pullet Surprise'". 29 October 2017.
- Official website
- Video on YouTube
- Backstage | https://www.backstage.com/news/reviews_136/
- United Nations and China | http:www.fazimusic.com
- Discogs | https://www.discogs.com/Kevin-James-Salveson-Salvotablets/release/7751686}}
- Spotify | https://open.spotify.com/album/7CdODmnoecqjbrZDfprREe}}
- iTunes | https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/salvotablets/id1149047141))
- Loyola Marymount University | http://alumnius.net/loyola_marymount_uni-7876-year-1990}}
- Salvus Corp Info | https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/Detail/C3656205}}
This article "Kevin James Salveson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kevin James Salveson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.