Levallois Perret, France15 April 1998
|Website||Fenêtre sur écran|
Life and career[edit | edit source]
Early work[edit | edit source]
Sheikhalishahi was fascinated by the making of films at an early age. He began making unreleased amateur films at age twelve with his mother's camera. Each time, he took care of all the jobs. He made his last amateur film Turba at 16. Despite amateur conditions, the trailer was appreciated by French and international film festivals, some actors, directors and producers who encouraged to carry on.
Meanwhile, Sheikhalishahi had exposure with his cinema bog Fenêtre sur écran, a wordplay with the French title of Rear Window, shortlisted among the 10 best cinema blogs by the audience in 2015 by the Golden Blog Awards. The blog became better known thanks to geometrical figures Sheikhalishahi used to better understand the narrative construction of the movies.
First third movies[edit | edit source]
He convinced German actor Götz Otto, who he knew from a very early age by Tomorrow Never Dies, to star in his first non-amateur short film at the age of 17. Thus, Götz Otto and Agnès Godey star as two mysterious characters haunted by the past and the stars in Vesper. He worked with well-known French composer Gréco Casadesus and French-American director of photography Jean-Claude Aumont. Godey and Casadesus reportedly were the two first persons who committed to the project. Sheikhalishahi explained having Casadesus involved to the project was a turning point and then tried to convince Otto. Finally, the short film was shot the following year during the summer of 2016. In 2017 and 2018, the short film won 44 awards in international film festivals, including Moondance International Film Festival's 'Dolphin Award'.
In 2018, Australian actor Matt Passmore and English actress Brigitte Millar star in his new short film Nox as two burglars on the east coast. On senatorial election night, they break into a Senator's Villa. Agnès Godey also takes part in the movie. Sheikhalishahi reportedly chose Passmore after watching him in The Glades as a young teenager.  The movie premiered in 2019 in Los Angeles during the LA Neo Noir Film Festival, won 9 awards and had 3 nominations.
In 2019, Kellan Lutz, Torrey DeVitto, Ola Rapace, Götz Otto, Christian Hillborg and Ellie Heydon star in his new film Divertimento. Lutz plays a chess player haunted by a tragic past who is given an opportunity to participate in a mysterious game, Divertimento. Sheikhalishahi putted together eclectic diverse Hollywoodien actors from different nationalities. It's the first movie described as an independent blockbuster putting together characteristics of Hollywoodien blockbusters and independent movies. 
Directorial filmography[edit | edit source]
|Year||Title||Also credited as||Notes|
Awards and nomination[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
- Fenêtre sur écran : shortlisted among the 10 best cinema blogs in France by the audience of Golden Blog Awards 2015 
- Vesper : 44 awards in international film festivals
- Nox : 9 awards in international film festivals
Nominations[edit | edit source]
- Vesper : 22 nominations in international film festivals
- Nox : 3 nominations in international film festivals
References[edit | edit source]
- "Mon entretien avec Keyvan". Scott's Movie Comments. Retrieved 2019-07-29.
- "Golden Blog Award". Golden Blog Awards (in français). Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- Le Cercle TV show
- Bottines. "[Interview] Keyvan Sheikhalishahi : portrait d'un cinéaste très précoce". Les Bottines Rouges (in français). Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "An interview with the Director of Vesper (2017)". The Humpo Show. 2017-07-30. Retrieved 2019-07-29.
- Vesper (with exclusive Q&A), retrieved 2019-07-29
- Vesper, retrieved 2019-07-28
- Moondance International Film Festival 2018, retrieved 2019-07-29
- Sheikhalishahi, Keyvan (2017-01-31). "Mobile Film Festival". Fenêtre sur écran (in français). Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- Nox, retrieved 2019-07-28
- Pastorino, Olivier, "Matt Passmore in Paris for NOX", Le Mag du Ciné, retrieved 2019-07-29
- Nox Awards, retrieved 2019-07-29
- N'Duka, Amanda; N'Duka, Amanda (2019-06-17). "'Twilight's Kellan Lutz Toplines 'Divertimento' Indie Thriller". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- Golden Blog Awards 2015
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keyvan Sheikhalishahi.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Keyvan Sheikhalishahi|
This article "Keyvan Sheikhalishahi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Keyvan Sheikhalishahi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.