Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple
Template:LDS Temple/Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple The Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) under construction in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on 1 October 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Barranquilla Colombia, Durban South Africa, Star Valley Wyoming, and Provo City Center temples. When announced, this increased the total number of temples worldwide to 166.
A groundbreaking ceremony, to signify the beginning of construction, took place on 12 February 2016, with Neil L. Andersen presiding. A public open house is scheduled for March 2019. The lead negotiator for the temple, both with the government and with local subcontrators, has been Norman Kamosi, a former Air Congo executive and member of the Congolese Parliament. Kamosi joined the LDS Church in Washington DC, after having fled there when Kabile came to power.
The temple is scheduled to be dedicated on April 14, 2019 and will be the fourth operating temple in Africa.
The temple is a single-story building with a concrete and fill structure and a steel superstructure. Like most other temples, the building is topped with a statue of the Angel Moroni. The temple is built on a 10-acre site that it shares with other existing buildings owned by the LDS Church.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Construction underway for LDS temple in Kinshasha
- article on temple
- article on progress of the construction
- another article on Kinshasa Temple
- article on temple ground breaking
- "Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple". Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- source on Temple groundbreaking
- article on Kamosi
- "Open House and Dedication Dates Announced for the Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple: Fourth operating temple in Africa". Newsroom. LDS Church. 1 October 2019.
- https://www.reaveley.com/projects-item/kinshasa-drc-lds-temple/%7Ctitle=Kinshasa DRC LDS Temple
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo Temple. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.