Chris Kapulkin in 2017
|Born||15 August 1986|
|Alma mater||University of Pittsburgh|
|Institutions||University of Western Ontario|
Institute for Advanced Study
|Doctoral advisor||Thomas Callister Hales|
Krzysztof "Chris" Kapulkin (born 15 August 1986) is a Polish-Canadian mathematician, specializing in homotopy type theory, category theory, and cryptography. Since July 2017, he has been an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario.
Kapulkin completed his PhD at the University of Pittsburgh in 2014. For his dissertation Joyal's Conjecture in Homotopy Type Theory, relating dependent type theory to locally cartesian closed quasicategories, he received the Thomas C. Hales Distinguished Research Award.
In 2012-13, Kapulkin was a visiting student at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, participating in the Special Year on Univalent Foundations. In 2017, he became an assistant professor in mathematics at the University of Western Ontario.
Kapulkin is known for his work in the areas of homotopy type theory (in particular, semantics of type theory in higher categories and formal verification of mathematics in the univalent foundations) and cryptography. He is one of the authors of the CEK protocol for secure integer comparison.
- Kapulkin, K.; Lumsdaine, P. LeF. (2012). "The Simplicial Model of Univalent Foundations (after Voevodsky)". arXiv:1211.2851 [math.LO].
- Ahrens, B.; Kapulkin, K.; Shulman, M. (2015), "Univalent Categories and the Rezk Completion", Math. Structures Comp. Sci., 25 (5)
- Kapulkin, K. (2017), "Locally cartesian closed quasicategories from type theory", J. Topology, 10 (4)
- Carlton, R.; Essex, A.; Kapulkin, K. (2018). Threshold Properties of Prime Power Subgroups with Application to Secure Integer Comparisons. RSA Conference Cryptographers’ Track.
- "Full-time Faculty". Department of Mathematics, University of Western Ontario. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "2014 Thomas C. Hales Distinguished Research Award". Department of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "Program Participants". Special Year on Univalent Foundations of Mathematics. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "Accepted Papers". RSA Conference Cryptographers' Track. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Kapulkin's home page at the University of Western Ontario
- Krzysztof Kapulkin at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
This article "Krzysztof Kapulkin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Krzysztof Kapulkin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.