|Born:||March 21, 1987|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Oakland (CA) McClymonds|
|College:||San Jose State|
|Career highlights and awards|
Reed prepped at McClymonds High School in Oakland, California. He was one of the nation’s top-ranked dual-purpose quarterbacks in 2004. A Super Prep All-American, he was ranked the #10-ranked signal caller by ESPN.com, and the #5-ranked quarterback by Rivals.com and Sporting News. Reed, the 2004 Contra Costa Times Cream of the Crop selection passed for 1,500 yards and 19 touchdowns as a senior, 1,100 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior and 1,400 yards and 10 scores as a sophomore.
Reed competed with quarterbacks Kevin Riley, and Nate Longshore, but did not get the starting or backup job. As a result, he did not see any game action. He decided to transfer to San Jose State following the 2007 preseason camp.
San Jose State
At the start of Spring camp for the 2008 season, he competed with Myles Eden. He was setback with an injury and was eventually named the third-string quarterback. However, in the first game against UC Davis Aggies, the Spartans were down 10–6 in the first 3 quarters, so Reed was brought in to replace Eden, and in the last 15 seconds of the 4th quarter scored on a 37-yard touchdown to Kevin Jurovich, leading the Spartans to a 13–10 victory. Reed was then named the starter of the 2008 season. In the next game against Nebraska, the Spartans lost 35–12, making the season –-1. However in the following week against San Diego State, the Spartans had a huge win 35-10, with Reed throwing 3 touchdowns. He was then named the WAC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance.
- "Cal football QB Reed's injury motivates him to get back on the field". Daily Californian. April 11, 2007.
- "San Jose State Spartans quarterback Kyle Reed finally gets chance to play". Las Cruces Sun-News. October 18, 2008.
- "After transfer, injury and playing on third team, Reed gave Spartans a spark". Lincoln Journal Star (Nebraska). September 5, 2008.
- "QB Reed 'just got his bell rung' Tomey says". Oakland Tribune. September 8, 2008.
- "Reed worth the wait". San Francisco Chronicle. August 31, 2008.
- "SPARTANS' REED HAS A TALL ORDER". San Jose Mercury News. September 6, 2008.
- "REED BACK AT QB AFTER EDEN STRUGGLES". San Jose Mercury News. November 9, 2008.
- "Former Cal quarterback Reed lands on his feet at San Jose State]". Oakland Tribune. September 4, 2008.
- "REED MAY GIVE SPARTANS BEST SHOT AT QB". San Jose Mercury News. November 24, 2009.
- "Reed is back at quarterback for SJSU". San Jose Mercury News. November 10, 2008.
- "REED RETURNS IN A BIG WAY, LEADS SJSU TO EASY VICTORY". San Jose Mercury News. September 14, 2008.
- "San Jose State quarterback Reed has a tall order". San Jose Mercury News. September 6, 2008.
- "Cal reserve QB Reed transfers to San Jose State". San Francisco Chronicle. August 30, 2007.
- "Future seems forever in the future for Reed". San Francisco Chronicle. August 19, 2007.
- "Quarterback Reed opts to leave Cal, Former McClymonds High star will transfer to San Jose State after losing out on the top backup job". Knight-Ridder/Tribune Business News,. August 30, 2007.
This article "Kyle Reed" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Kyle Reed. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.