Lalisom - The Lal Effect
Lalisom - The Lal Effect
|Origin||Kochi, Kerala, India|
Abhishek A. V
Bruce Jude Lee
Lalisom - The Lal Effect (or simply Lalisom) is an Indian musical band, formed in 2014 in Kochi, Kerala, by the Malayalam actor Mohanlal with music director Ratheesh Vegha. The tag line of the band is The Lal Effect. The band was launched on 4 November 2014 in Kochi.
Musical style, image and themes
The band's maiden performance was at the inaugural ceremony of 2015 National Games of India. Their next performance will involve nearly 40 hit songs of Mohanlal movies using hologram technology.
Lalisom - 'India singing'
The band's maiden show was at the 2015 National Games of India. The band drew flak from the social media and some sections of the Malayalam film fraternity for charging an amount of ₹1.60 crore for its first show, later the show was also criticised for poor performance which included lip-syncing to a previously recorded audio tape. Director Vinayan had criticized Mohanlal, who leads the band, for charging such a hefty amount, when Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar attended the function without charging any money. Following the criticism, Mohanlal announced that he would be returning the cost of Rs 1.60 crore to Government of Kerala. But the government rejected Mohanlal's offer saying that the heat generated by the event was quite regrettable and the Government’s morality would not allow it to take back the money. The government also said, Mohanlal had not personally benefitted from the amount (Rs 1.63 crore) which he received since it was meant to meet the stage expenses and remuneration for the artistes. But Mohanlal didn't take back the money he dispatched. Many eminent personalities from film industry and apart came to support Mohanlal. The band's next performance will involve nearly 40 hit songs of Mohanlal movies using hologram technology.
- Malayalam cinema
- "Cult Lalisom Set to Rock Lalettan Fans". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Mohanlal Launches 'Lalisom'". Filmibeat.com. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Mohanlal launches `Lalisom-The Lal Effect` band". Sify. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Lalisom - The Lal Effect, that's what Mohanlal's music band is called". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Mohanlal Launches his Musical Band 'Lalisom' with Ratheesh Vega [VIDEO]". International Business Times. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Mohanlal, Lalisom band under fire". The Hindu. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- Sneha Mary Koshy (3 February 2015). "Under Social Media Pressure, Actor Mohanlal Offers to Return National Games Performance Fee". NDTV. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- Nicy VP (2 February 2015). Angry Fans Attack Mohanlal as Lalisom Turns Lolism; Twitterati Ask Actor to Pay Back Two Crore". IB Times. Retrieved 15 February 2015.
- "Director Vinayan attacks 'Lalisom'". Sify. 27 January 2015.
- "Mohanlal to return money after opening ceremony flop show". The Times of India. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Govt rejects Mohanlal's offer to return money". The Hindu. February 4, 2015.
- "Lalisom row: Mammootty comes in defence of Mohanlal, Kerala govt rejects offer to return money". India Today.
- "Joy Mathew supports Mohanlal on Lalisom". Metro Matinee.
- "Fans support Mohanlal". The Times of India.
|This article on a band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Lalisom - The Lal Effect" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lalisom - The Lal Effect. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.