Dr. Lawrence "Lance" Hindt
|Dr. Lawrence "Lance" Hindt|
|🏳️ Nationality||United States|
|🏫 Education||West Memorial Junior High School |
James E. Taylor High School
University of Oklahoma
William Penn University
Prairie View A&M University
University of Houston
|👔 Employer||Katy Independent School District|
Allen Independent School District
Stafford Municipal School District
Dulles High School
|👶 Children||Zach and Alex|
Dr. Lawrence "Lance" Hindt is a school district superintendent. He is the former superintendent of the Katy Independent School District headquartered in Katy, Texas, United States.
Hindt was a student in Katy ISD in Texas in the 1970's, including West Memorial Junior High School and James E. Taylor High School.  At 18 years old in 1983, he was the defendant in a personal injury lawsuit and Hindt admitted hitting William Stein and leaving him unconscious in an alley. Stein is reported to have settled the lawsuit for $30,000 and charges were dropped.   
Hindt completed one year at the University of Oklahoma with a football scholarship, but after a year working for his father back in Katy, he obtained a bachelor's degree from William Penn University in Iowa.  Hindt subsequently returned to Texas for a master's degree from Prairie View A&M University, a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Houston, and post-doctorate work in educational leadership at Lamar University. 
Beginning of career
Hindt started his career in Fort Bend ISD as a geography, health and physical education teacher, assistant principal, director and then Dulles High School principal, before his appointment to assistant superintendent in 2007. He subsequently served 5 years as Superintendent, first in Allen ISD and then Stafford Municipal School District. 
Career at Katy ISD
In August 2016 Hindt was appointed to a 5 year term as Superintendent managing the $892 million budget, 66 schools, 9,000 employees and 78,000 students of Katy ISD.  A base annual salary of $375,000 puts Hindt within the range of other top administrators for similar Texas school districts.  
In May of 2018, Katy ISD Superintendent Lance Hindt announced his resignation amid accusations of bullying and plagiarism in his past. Hindt set his resignation effective Jan. 1, 2019, at which point he also said he [would] retire.
Upon resignation “the board of trustees amended Hindt’s contract with the district. On his last day of work, Hindt [received] $750,000, an amount equal to two years of his base pay”.
Junior High Bullying Allegation
Hindt was accused of violent bullying as a 14 year old during the open forum phase of a Katy ISD Work Study Board Meeting on March 19, 2018 by Greg Barrett, a former classmate at West Memorial Junior High School. Barrett, who's family name at that time was Gay, stated “Lance, you were the one that shoved my head in the urinal”.  Laughter can be heard in the video in immediate response to this accusation, and there are conflicting reports in whether this was Hindt.   Support for the assault allegation was provided by Christopher Dolan, also a student in 1975.  The district Board of Trustees dismissed the national and social media reporting as "edited tape, false statements and gotcha moments", while asserting their and Dr. Hindt's bullying prevention commitment.  Hindt robustly defended himself from the allegation stating that "Ultimately, I'll be judged by one person, That is God, my Lord, and savior. That's who judges me." 
News subsequently emerged of the 1983 lawsuit stemming from his violence as an 18 year old, and the Katy ISD Board reiterated their support of Hindt. 
In 2020, a “formal complaint [was lodged] with the University of Houston against former Katy ISD Superintendent Lance Hindt, accused of copying portions of his 2012 Doctoral dissertation at UH from a scholarly work submitted four years earlier at Liberty University”.
“Hindt's dissertation no longer appears on the University of Houston's archival website. When asked about the removal, a UH spokesman referred FOX 26 to published university guidelines which clearly state dissertations "will only be removed under special circumstances, including copyright violations, plagiarism or falsification of data.”"
- Wang, Amy (March 21, 2018). "A man went to a school board meeting to confront his alleged childhood bully: The superintendent". www.washingtonpost.com. The Washington Post. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Groogan, Greg (March 29, 2018). "More brutality emerging in Katy ISD superintendent's past". www.fox26houston.com. Katy, Texas: Fox Television Stations, LLC. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Katy ISD superintendent once sued for fight that allegedly left man in coma". abc13.com. KTRK-TV. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- Spellman, Dennis (March 28, 2018). "Hindt Opponent Releases 35 Year Old Lawsuit – Paid $30K to settle suit". coveringkaty.com. Katy, Texas: Covering Katy, LLC. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- Soloway, Mara. "Katy ISD Alum Returns Home to Take the Reins as Superintendent". katylifestylesandhomes.com. Katy Lifestyles & Homes magazine. Archived from the original on March 19, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Katy ISD Superintendent Dr. Lance Hindt". Katy ISD. Archived from the original on March 20, 2018.
- "Katy ISD Public Dashboard". Katy ISD. Archived from the original on March 29, 2018. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Katy Independent School District Contract of Employment Superintendent" (PDF). Katy ISD. July 1, 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 24, 2017. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Herrera, Sebastian (July 8, 2016). "New Katy ISD superintendent's pay ranks in top tier of Texas". Houston Chronicle. Archived from the original on November 13, 2016. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- "Board Meetings Work Study. Starting at 15min:8sec". katyisdtx.swagit.com. Texas: Katy Independent School District. March 19, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Gremore, Graham (March 26, 2018). "School superintendent laughs in the face of a man he tormented in middle school". www.queerty.com. Archived from the original on March 27, 2018. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- Spellman, Dennis (March 22, 2018). "Scott Admits Laugh was his not Hindt's". coveringkaty.com. Katy, Texas: Covering Katy, LLC. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Childers, Shelley (March 21, 2018). "Witness backs up bullying allegations against Katy ISD superintendent". abc13.com. Katy, Texas: KTRK-TV. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Galvan, Jimmy (March 26, 2018). "Katy ISD trustees stand firm in support of Hindt in wake of bullying firestorm". katytimes.com. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- "Alleged victim reacts to Katy ISD superintendent's first comments on bullying allegations". abc13.com. KTRK-TV. March 26, 2018. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Schools : Josef Bartlett Finley, Jr., Morgan Wailes Walker, Sr.
Other articles of the topic Biography : Joseph Zimmermann (bishop), Charles Edward Maple, P. Elmo Futrell Jr., Nickarth, Kaycee David, Pietro Cugini, Steven Ehricks
Other articles of the topic Schools : Mitslal Afras school, 5 Steps Academy, Ayisatu Owen International School, The Orbis School, Khunale school, Nancy Campbell Collegiate Institute, American Nicaraguan School
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Lance Hindt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lance Hindt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.