Learning the hard way
- "The Saturday Evening Post said charitably that perhaps every President had to learn the hard way. (Truman might have added that that was about the only way he had ever learned anything in his life.)" -- David McCullough, Truman.
- List of English-language idioms
- School of Hard Knocks
- Ammer, Christine. (1997). The American Heritage dictionary of idioms. New York: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. ISBN 978-0-395-72774-4 Search this book on . p. 284.
- Olson, Elaine. (2005). Stedman's Guide to Idioms: Know the Lingo. Baltimore, Maryland: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 978-0-7817-5746-1 Search this book on .; OCLC 57123885 p. 66.
- McCullough, David. (2003). Truman. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-0-7432-6029-9 Search this book on .. p. 589.
This article "Learning the hard way" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Learning the hard way. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.