Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
Dr. Leemon Baird is an American computer engineer, mathematician, scientist, entrepreneur, retired U.S. Air Force officer, and professor of computer science.
Dr. Baird is most notable as co-founder and former CTO of Hedera Hashgraph, a popular public cryptocurrency network platform widely regarded as the most secure and innovative distributed ledger system designed to replace archaic first-generation blockchain systems such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, already adopted by industry giants Avery Dennison and LG as the network to mint and manage industrial NFTs.
Upon transitioning the active management of the Hedera network to the Hedera Governing Council which includes such notable companies and organizations as Boeing, IBM, Deutsche Telekom, and numerous others, he co-founded Swirlds, the largest software platform designed for building and launching fully distributed cloud applications independent of complex and vulnerable centralized server infrastructures.
Early life, education, and military service
Baird received his bachelor's degree from the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs in 1989, Colorado, and his PhD in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He was recognized as having received his PhD in Computer Science faster than any student in the school's history (33 months).
Notable among his classmates at the Air Force Academy were Scott Kirby, future CEO of United Airlines, Terry Virts, noted astronaut, author, and former International Space Station commander, and Georgia state senator Zahra Karinshak.
Upon graduating from the U.S. Air Force Academy and commissioning as a 2nd Lieutenant, Baird served 20 years in the U.S. Air Force with various postings including as a research scientist at the Air Force Research Laboratory, the Academy Center for Cyberspace Security, and as a Professor of Computer Science at the U.S. Air Force Academy. He retired as a Lieutenant-Colonel in 2009.
Baird has co-founded several internet security and technology companies, including Trio Security which was acquired by Symbol Technologies Inc, Blue Wave Security, as well as both Hedera and Swirlds, with the former being the company actively operating the Hedera Hashgraph Network, and the latter building software and applications to support development of enterprise operations on fully-distributed cloud-based environments.
Baird currently serves as the co-founder and CTO of both Swirlds.
Patents and Publications
Baird has received numerous patents and published numerous peer-reviewed papers on topics as varied as advanced origami to use of advanced algorithms to study cellular automation to algorithmic hash functions to prevent radio jamming and most notably, the Hashgraph distributed consensus algorithm.
- Stein, Samantha (2018-03-14). "Hashgraph wants to give you the benefits of blockchain without the limitations". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2022-10-03.
- "Here Are Two Use Cases for Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR), According to Its Co-Founder Mance Harmon". The Daily Hodl. 2022-09-07. Retrieved 2022-10-03.
- "Hedera Global Governing Council". Hedera. Retrieved 2022-10-03.
- "Leemon Baird | The Future of Distributed Ledger Technology Is Not Blockchain, It's Hashgraph". Hidden Forces. Retrieved 2021-12-28.
- "A Single-Sheet Icosahedral Folding With Improved Efficiency, Using a Business Card" (PDF). leemon.com. Retrieved December 12, 2021. Unknown parameter
- "JAM-RESISTANT COMMUNICATION WITHOUT SHARED SECRETS THROUGH THE USE OF CONCURRENT CODES (U.S. Air Force Technical Report)" (PDF). leemon.com. 14 February 2007.
This article "Leemon Baird" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Leemon Baird. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.