Les Femmes collantes
|Les Femmes collantes|
|Directed by||Pierre Caron|
|Written by||Jean de Letraz|
after the operetta by
|Starring||Josseline Gaël |
|95 minutes (5,700 s)|
Search Les Femmes collantes on Amazon.
Les Femmes collantes is a French film released in 1938, directed by Pierre Caron, based on the operetta by Léon Gandillot (1886)
Master Jacques Badinois, notary, is young, rich and handsome. Not knowing how to say no, he lets himself be courted by all the women he meets. At the beginning of the film, Master Badinois has three mistresses, Gladys, a billiard player, Eloïse a young widow, and Rose his maid.
A funeral director, Séraphin Campluchard, compulsively asks to be received by Maître Babinois about an inheritance about which he knows nothing but is regularly turned away by the chief clerk of the cabinet. Mad with rage, Campluchard decides to follow Badinois wherever he goes until he agrees to listen to him.
Hippolyte Loupiot is the first clerk of the study of Master Badinois. A superstitious old boy, he arranges his marriage with the Bourillons, of whom he does not yet know Monique, their daughter who is a great multi-disciplinary sportswoman. A meeting is scheduled at Maître Badinois to finalize the marriage contract. Loupiot disagreeing with the terms of the contract renounces the marriage, which suits Monique, who falls under the spell of the notary and vice versa. Suddenly Badbinois has nothing against marrying Monique. A few moments later Loupiot regrets his hasty decision, but it is too late, the Bourillons do not want to hear any more about it. Loupiot therefore decides to take revenge on his boss...
Claude Patrice is a great fashion designer, his partner has just died and he does not know who will succeed him, Master Babinois having mislaid the file.
Master Babinois, who does not want to upset anyone, promises marriage to his four conquests and sets them the same date and time for the ceremony. Campluchard and Patrice take the notary's pending files to sort them at the town hall in the hope of unearthing the documents concerning them.
Finally Eloïse, Gladys, Rose and their bridesmaids are in the wedding hall, Patrice discovers that his future partner will be Campluchard, and Jacques Badinois marries Monique in front of the mayor of the 21st arrondissement (sic) who tells them that they will soon be cuckolds like everyone else.
- Title : Les Femmes collantes
- Original script : Léon Gandillot after the operetta of the same name (1886)
- Director: Pierre Caron
- Writer: Jean de Letraz
- Music : Vincent Scotto
- Photography : Willy Faktorovitch (as Willy)
- Country : France
- Genre : Comedy
- Length : 95 minutes
- Release date :
- Henri Garat : Maître Jacques Badinois
- Josseline Gaël : Eloïse Duboucher
- Betty Stockfeld : Gladys Grey
- Mona Goya : Rose, the Badinois maid
- Pierre Stéphen : Hippolyte Loupiot, first notary clark of Badinois
- Armand Bernard : Séraphin Campluchard, the undertaker
- Marguerite Moreno : Madame Mourillon
- Michèle Béryl : Monique Mourillon
- Marcel Vallée : Joseph Mourillon
- Jeanne Fusier-Gir : the Mourillon maid
- Jean Tissier : Claude Patrice, the great Parisian fashion designer
- Marcel Pérès : the bailiff
- Albert Duvaleix
- Marie Cruz
- Willy Léardy
- Monique Monnier
About the film
- The first adaptation of the light opera by Léon Gandillot was directed in 1920 by Georges Monca and Charles Prince
- The film was re-released in 2015 by René Château Vidéo
- "Les Femmes collantes (1938)". en.unifrance.org.
- "Les femmes collantes (1938)" – via letterboxd.com.
- "Les FEMMES COLLANTES". BFI.
- "Жан Тиссье: фото, биография, фильмография, новости - Вокруг ТВ". Вокруг ТВ.
This article "Les Femmes collantes" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Les Femmes collantes. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.