|Edit this InfoBox|
Wellington, New Zealand8 November 1995
|Website||Liam McEwan's Twitter|
Liam McEwan (born 1995) is an award-winning celebrity interviewer, television presenter, radio host and social media personality from Auckland, New Zealand. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
McEwan started his radio career at the age of 13 in 2009 with a Sunday morning show on The Flea FM, and over the years, saw his show grow to gain an international listener base, with listener numbers ranging from 45,000 - 55,000 each week, either listening live, or via podcast. This made his show the most listened to show on a community station worldwide. The success of this show gained McEwan the attention of various celebrities and media outlets, including international Social Media awards the Shorty Awards.
In October 2013, McEwan announced that he would be leaving The Flea FM to pursue his radio career at iHeartRadio. In March 2015, he announced that he was leaving iHeartRadio. He moved to Los Angeles in early 2017 to work as a video content presenter for Bauer Xcel Media, for brands such as J-14 Magazine, In Touch Weekly, Life & Style (magazine), and FHM.
Shorty Award Nomination and Win[edit | edit source]
In March 2012, McEwan was nominated for an international Shorty Award in Radio. In April, it was announced that all six nominees for this award all tied at first equal. McEwan was congratulated at the ceremony. In July 2013, it was announced that after being nominated for a second year in a row, McEwan had come first place in the 2013 Shorty Award ceremony under the 'Best Radio' category.
References[edit | edit source]
- "The Flea FM". The Flea 88.2. March 2009. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "New Zealand's most influential Tweeters". New Zealand Herald. August 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Liam McEwan - Shorty Awards". Shorty Awards. 1 July 2012. Archived from the original on 8 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Shorty Award information". The Flea 88.2. May 2012. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Teen radio DJ reaps rewards". Stuff.co.nz. July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
|This biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Zealand biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Liam McEwan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Liam McEwan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.