|Linda Andrzejewski Weber|
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Born||1963/1964 (age 55–56)|
Liverpool, New York
|Residence||Berkeley Heights, New Jersey|
|Education||Liverpool High School|
|Alma mater||University of Rochester|
B.A. political science
M.S. health policy analysis
Linda Weber (née Andrzejewski) is an American banking executive. She is running as a candidate for the Democratic nomination to represent New Jersey's 7th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives in the 2018 election. On March 14, 2018, she announced that she was suspending her campaign, after failing to win the endorsement of county Democratic organizations.
Linda Weber (née Andrzejewski) is from central New York and graduated from Liverpool High School in 1981. She is a graduate of University of Rochester with a B.A. in political science and M.S. in health policy analysis. She is married with two children and lives in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.
2018 U.S. House campaign
Weber announced she was running as a Democrat for Congress in New Jersey's 7th congressional district on MSNBC on Mother's Day 2017, and in 2017 raised $318,000. She is a senior banking executive at IDB Bank, who has been credited for building some of the first online banking platforms. She was endorsed by Galit Kierkut, past President of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, who said Weber had raised millions of dollars for cancer patients and research as the five-time chair of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in Northern Union County.
Weber supports a $15 minimum wage, environmental protection, Planned Parenthood, reproductive rights, Obamacare, and rebuilding the nation's infrastructure. She opposed President Donald Trump's firing of FBI head James Comey, and faults congressional Republicans including Leonard Lance for, in her view, failing to hold Trump accountable for his behavior and actions. She won endorsements from the Democratic organizations in Somerset and Essex counties. She led a roundtable discussion about preventing gun violence in which she said that the murder rate from gun deaths in the United States was 25 times that of the rest of the developed world.
- Matt Mulcahy (May 16, 2017). "Liverpool High alumna announces run for Congress in New Jersey: Matt's Memo". CNYCentral News. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...It comes as no surprise that someone who grew up in Liverpool ... The outcome of the night of November 8, 2016 motivated her to act. ... "I was shocked and angry," said Linda Weber in an interview on MSNBC with host Joy Reid ...
- Meg Fry (August 31, 2017). "Weber on campaigning, N.J.'s infrastructure and advice for women in today's political climate". NJ Biz. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...Linda Weber ... graduated from the University of Rochester with a Bachelor of Arts in political science and community health and a Master of Science in health policy analysis ... "I will advance policies to rebuild our neglected transportation infrastructure, safeguard our health care, protect our air and water, and preserve a woman’s right to make her own health choices" ....
- TARA DOWDELL (November 9, 2017). "Twenty-Five Influential Women Leaders in Politics and Business Endorse Technology and Finance Executive Linda Weber for Congress in New Jersey's Seventh District". TAPinto. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
... Twenty-Five influential women leaders in politics and business today endorsed technology and finance executive Linda Weber for Congress ... She is the five-time chair of the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life in Northern Union County and has raised millions of dollars for cancer patients and research.....
- Insider NJ staff (May 15, 2017). "Linda Weber Announces Challenge to Leonard Lance". Insider NJ. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
... On Sunday, Mother’s Day, Linda Weber, mother of two, community leader, and tech and banking executive, announced on the MSNBC show, AM Joy, that she will seek the Democratic nomination for Congress ...
- Mike Deak, March 14, 2018, My Central Jersey, Weber suspends Congressional campaign after Union County loss, Retrieved March 16, 2018
- Nick Muscavage (May 16, 2017). "Berkeley Heights resident announces bid against Rep. Lance". My Central Jersey. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
... BERKELEY HEIGHTS - A tech and banking executive has announced her campaign ... Linda Weber, a Berkeley Heights resident for more than 12 years...
- "Why I'm Running – Linda Weber". Unitewomen.org. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- Alyana Alfaro (January 4, 2018). "Money Pours Into NJ's 7th District Ahead of 2018 Primary". The Observer. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...Another Democrat, Linda Weber, brought in $229,000 in the first three quarters of 2017...
- Jonathan D. Salant (February 4, 2018). "Barbra Streisand opposes Trump-friendly N.J. Republican & other campaign fun facts". NJ.com. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...Linda Weber raised $318,584 and had $132,590 to spend. She sent $9,400 of her campaign treasury to local political parties and candidates before last November's state legislative elections....
- Sharon McCloskey (January 11, 2018). "Democratic Women Make a Run For Republican Seats: These women—all Democrats and relative political novices—take aim at GOP incumbents in the 2018 congressional races". New Jersey Monthly. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
... Weber supports the $15 minimum wage; ... I am very much in favor of funding the Environmental Protection Agency, funding Planned Parenthood, ...
- Jonathan D. Salant (May 14, 2017). "Meet the newest challenger to N.J.'s Leonard Lance". NJ.com. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
..."Like many Americans, especially a lot of women, I was pretty shocked and angry after the election ... My plan is to go Washington and represent the district and hold Donald Trump accountable...
- Reuters staff (September 14, 2010). "UPDATE 3-MOVES-Third Avenue Management, Bridgepoint, JP Morgan". Reuters. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...IDB Bank said it hired Linda Weber as a senior vice president to its cash management division....
- "IDB BankA Hires Linda Weber of Berkeley Heights to Expand Cash..." Berkeley Heights Online. September 15, 2010. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
... IDB Bank Hires Linda Weber of Berkeley Heights to Expand Cash Management Business; Webers Extensive Experience Spans from Banks to Fortune 500 Companies By IDB Bank 9/15/2010 Continuing to expand on the services available to its private banking and middle market customers, IDB Bank has hired Linda Weber, an experienced financial services ... ...
- "Congressional Candidate Linda Weber & Union Co. Freeholder Board Chairman Sergio Granados to Address BH Democrats Monday Feb. 5". TAPinto Berkeley Heights. February 5, 2018. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...Linda Weber is a businesswoman, mother ... shattered glass ceilings in banking and technology ... built some of the first customer online banking platforms ... the distinction of being the youngest woman ever to be promoted to senior vice president while at CoreStates Bank. In 1997, she was on the cover of American Banker....
- News staff (February 4, 2018). "House races offer Democrats best shot at claiming a chamber in Congress". ABC News. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
...Linda Weber, a senior vice president at IDB Bank who has secured party endorsements in two counties;....
- "Somerset, Essex Democrats name Linda Weber to primary party line for Congress". The Bernardsville News. January 26, 2018. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
- Mike Deak (January 26, 2018). "Weber gets early edge for Democratic nomination in 7th District". My Central Jersey News. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
... SOMERVILLE - Berkeley Heights banker Linda Weber has gained the early momentum ... winning the endorsement of the Somerset County Democratic organization. ... Weber also has won the party line in Essex County. ...
- NJ.com, Jonathan D. Salant, Democrat suddenly ends bid against Republican Leonard Lance, Retrieved March 10, 2018, "...one female candidate, bank executive Linda Weber ... has the endorsement of the Somerset and Essex Democratic committees..."
- Emily Goodin, February 27, 2018, ABC News, States grapple with gun laws after Florida shooting, Retrieved March 10, 2018, "...Linda Weber led a roundtable on guns Tuesday...."
This article "Linda Weber" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Linda Weber. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.