Lisa Marie Abato
|Born||Lisa Marie Abato|
December 23, 1966
Long Island, New York, U.S.
|Other names||Holly Rider|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)|
Career[edit | edit source]
Abato started in the porn business in 1990 after several lean years of waiting tables. By the end of 1991, though, the fear of AIDS and a growing desire to quit the adult film industry prompted her to appear in "specialty videos" (bondage films) where sexual intercourse did not occur.
Anti-pornography work[edit | edit source]
Ryder retired in late 1992 and became an anti-pornography crusader. She established the Holly Ryder Foundation (a nonprofit organization designed to intervene in the lives of street youths), which sought to place an initiative on the 1994 California ballot that would ban pornographic film production & distribution in California.
References[edit | edit source]
- Moody, Lori (1993-09-21). "Ex-adult Entertainment Star Starts Project For Runaways". Chicago Tribune. Los Angeles. Archived from the original on 2014-09-07. Retrieved 2014-09-07.
- Brown, Scott (1993-08-19). "Ex-Pornography Star Takes Up Battle to Aid Runaway Teens". Los Angeles Times. Hollywood, CA. Archived from the original on 2014-09-07. Retrieved 2014-09-07.
- "Holly Ryder". IAFD.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
[edit | edit source]
- Holly Ryder on IMDb
- Holly Ryder at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Holly Ryder at the Adult Film Database
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Lisa Marie Abato" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lisa Marie Abato. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.