London Capital Group
|Headquarters 🏙️||77 Grosvenor St, Mayfair, London W1K 3JR,|
Area served 🗺️
|Charles-Henri Sabet, CEO|
|Services||Online Forex trading, CFDs, financial spread betting|
|Revenue🤑||£22.8 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|Parent||London Capital Group Holdings plc|
London Capital Group, also known as LCG, is a London-based financial services company that offers a variety of online trading options for investors. While the majority of the company's activities occur in the UK, the company has also operated internationally. LCG is regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and its parent company London Capital Group Holdings plc was listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market until February 2018, when it delisted as a result of joining the NEX Exchange Growth Market. LCG is also regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
London Capital Group was founded in 1996 as a proprietary trading business. The company's financial spread betting division was launched in 2003, as Capital Spreads. In 2005 the management led a buy out of the company before listing the company on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). The floatation raised £15 million through the listing.
In 2014, Swiss entrepreneur Charles-Henri Sabet invested £17 million in the company, and became executive chairman of London Capital Group. The following year, London Capital Group launched a company restructuring to improve its technology and processes. Capital Spreads was consolidated into the London Capital Group name in 2016, and the company launched a trading platform.
London Capital Group announced a marketing campaign partnership with Grand Slam winner Stan Wawrinka in 2017. That same year, the company was listed on the NEX Exchange Growth Market and announced its plan to delist from the London Stock Exchange AIM market the following year.
In March 2018, it was announced that LCG was going to be taken private by Sabet and his investor group GLIO Holdings under the company name SLCG International. London Capital Group Holdings plc will remain publicly traded and operate as a cash holding company.
- "Contact Us". London Capital Group. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Gilbert, Iain (28 September 2017). "London Capital Group Narrow Losses on Improved Revenue". Web FG. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "London Capital Group Holdings plc". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Golovtchenko, Victor (11 November 2015). "Breaking: LCG Capital to Establish Digital Marketing Subsidiary in Isreal". Finance Magnates. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "LCG Lists Its Shares on the NEX Exchange Growth Market". LeapRate. 13 December 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Abdel-Qader, Aziz (6 February 2018). "LCG Shareholders Approve Proposed Delisting From AIM Following NEX Listing". Finance Magnates. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "London Capital Group". Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Morrison, Caitlin (6 July 2016). "London Capital Group Share Price Jumps Almost 13 Per Cent as Company Says Brexit Has Been Positive For Revenue and Profits". City A.M. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Initial Public Offering of London Capital Group Holdings". HMT Corporate Finance. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Segal, Gerald (17 June 2014). "London Capital Group Proceeds With Plans to Sell Control to Charles Henri-Sabet". LeapRate. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Anderson, Jenny (17 September 2014). "Ex-Currency Trader Braves Tumultuous Market". The New York Times. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Saks-Mcleod, Andrew (23 December 2014). "London Capital Group's New Ownership Continues to Beef Up its Board of Directors". LeapRate. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Dunn, John E. (11 August 2016). "When Networks Wear Out: How London Capital Group Embraced SDN and Virtualisation". Computerworld UK. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "London Capital Group Interview". Financial Spread Betting. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Murphy, Hannah (21 July 2017). "Small-Cap Focus: Online Retail Traders". Financial Times. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "London Capital Group Becomes LCG, Launches New Website, Platform and Logo - LeapRate Exclusive". LeapRate. 4 January 2016. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Golovtchenko, Victor (5 January 2016). "LCG Consolidates its Capital Spreads and London Capital Group Brands". Finance Magnates. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "London Capital Group Launches New TV Ad Campaign". Gaming Intelligence. 13 March 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "LCG to Delist From London Stock Exchange AIM Market". LeapRate. 22 December 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "London Capital Group Seeks Shareholder Approval For AIM Delisting". Gaming Intelligence. 8 January 2018. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Exclusive: LCG Goes Private in £5 Million Loan Notes Deal, to Charles-Henri Sabet". LeapRate. 5 March 2018. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Golovtchenko, Victor (5 March 2018). "London Capital Group Holdings Spins of LCG Capital, Looks for UK Acquisitions". Finance Magnates. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
This article "London Capital Group" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:London Capital Group. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.