|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|Parent||Snap Inc. (2015–present)|
Looksery is an American software startup founded in 2013 by Victor Shaburov and Yurii Monastyrshin in Odessa, Ukraine. The company was acquired by Snap Inc. for $150 million. The company developed Looksery mobile application to produce and share facial modification of photos in real time on smartphones.
Looksery got a lot of media attention. Vogue selected Looksery as one of the ten Best Apps of 2014.
TechCrunch named Looksery as "a clever application that lets you change your facial features".
- "Snapchat's $150 million acquisition of Looksery stands as Ukrainian record - Dec. 04, 2015". KyivPost. 2015-12-04. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Steiner, Cosmin; Influencer™, ContributorCulture (2014-10-31). "This Year Halloween Has Its Own Selfie App". HuffPost. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Shankland, Stephen. "Startup Looksery aims to beautify your selfie videos". CNET. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- O'Callaghan, Jonathan (2014-06-09). "App uses facial tracking to transform your appearance". Mail Online. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Looksery Launches On Kickstarter With An App That Makes You Look Better (Or Just Funnier) On Video Chat". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Looksery" is from Simple English Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Looksery.