Lori Suzanne Love (born September 1, 1962) is an American artist living and working in Charlotte, North Carolina. Love works in recycled and up-cycled materials to create images of rock and roll and pop cultural icons.
Early Life and Education
Love was born in Lancaster, South Carolina and as a child lived in South Carolina, Michigan, Maryland, Tunisia and the United Kingdom. She attended London Central High School and University of Warwick and received her undergraduate degree at The University of South Carolina. She attended graduate school at South Carolina and was a thesis short of receiving her Masters degree in International Studies. She studied drawing under Janet Orselli at the Columbia Museum of Art. In 1987 she married Robert C. Penland and between 1988 and 1997, they had five children; Eamon, Eoin, Hallie, Liam and Ruan.
Love began her professional career in 2003 while living in Charleston, South Carolina. One of her first pieces to receive recognition was entitled "A Space in Time" which was exhibited at the South Carolina State Fair in Columbia, South Carolina and won an honorable mention. The medium for her earliest works was oil on canvas and by 2007, she was experimenting with other mediums like ink on mylar and gunpowder on card stock. After relocating to Charlotte in 2012, she began to experiment with recycled and up-cycled materials like used vinyl records and discarded CDs, DVDs, VHS video tape and old concert bills from local music venues. Since 2014, her work has been on display at The Evening Muse in Charlotte's NoDa district and her work is in the permanent collection of the AC Hotel in Charlotte, The Underground, a Live Nation music club in Charlotte and Lucy and Company a Charlotte interior design firm. Her work is in numerous private collections as she has done extensive commissioned works. Love exhibits her work professionally out of her studio, Irol Studio in Charlotte, North Carolina
Awards and Recognition
Love's work has received national acclaim from Artslant Showcase and the Creative Quarterly Journal. She has been associated with Mosaic Studio, The Charlotte Arts and Science Council, the Visual Art Exchange and the American Juried Art Salon since 2012.
- Art Fair KAABOO Del Mar (2018)
- Art in the Park Beverly Hills Art Show (2018)
- Recycle Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (2018)
- Layers: Mixed Media in the 21st Century Butteroni's Emporium (2017)
- Free For All Hart Witzen Gallery Charlotte (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
- Dada Soiree: An Absurd Art Show C3Lab, Charlotte, NC (2016)
- Fall into Art Charlotte Art League (2015)
- Kulture Klash 8 Meminger Auditorium, Charleston, SC (2015)
- Art in the Village Ballantyne Village Charlotte (2015)
- Tossed & Found Charlotte ARTery Charlotte (2015)
- Lori Love at Saatchi Gallery
- Lori Love at Art Fields
- Lori Love at Fine Art America
- Lori Love at Artspan
- Lori Love at Behance
- Charlotte Home+Garden "Designer Beth Keim's Black and White Bliss," January 2016
- Charlotte Business Journal: Book of List 2015 December, 2014
- Borgen Magazine: Humanity, Politics & You New Reports, November 3, 2013
- Visual Language of Contemporary Art Vol.2 no.9,2013
- Creative Quarterly Journal, Journal of Art and Design, Vol. 29 Winter Edition, 2013
- Creative Quarterly Journal, Journal of Art and Design, Vol. 28 Fall Edition, 2012
- Artist Portfolio Magazine Winter, 2010
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (October 2018)
This article "Lori Love" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Lori Love. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.