Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Formerly called||MSU Broadcasters|
|Comcast Local||Channel 28, 30|
Search MSU Telecasters on Amazon.
MSU Telecasters is a Student television station run by undergraduate students from Michigan State University. Telecasters is composed of seven television shows which are written, produced, directed, and edited completely by the students. It is funded by ASMSU.
Current MSU Telecasters Shows
MSU Telecasters produces eight shows.
- MSU & U: An Emmy-winning news show.
- The ShōW: The longest running college sitcom in America, founded in 1988 by Greg Harrison. Other notable alumni include Steve Van Wormer and Jeff Witzke.
- SiDESHOW: A sketch comedy show with parodies, music videos, and other short sketches.
- The Giraffe House: A webisode comedy series.
- Short Attention Span: A sketch comedy show that combines multiple styles.
- Beaumont Bulletin: A news parody show.
- Turn: A drama series.
- Video Now: A music video show.
Previous MSU Telecasters Shows
Since 1982 the MSU Telecasters have produced a variety of television shows. They include:
- The Green & White Report
- MSU Upfront
- Lansing Upfront
- Six's Wild
- Apartment Six
- OnLine Lansing: A program previously produced by MSU Telecasters that ran on WKAR-TV during the 1990s.
- MSU Profile
In the past, MSU Telecasters programs have aired on the RHA TV station on campus. In Fall 2006, the Telecasters moved to Comcast Local for a larger geographical reach. Their shows also air occasionally on the Open Student Television Network. The shows also air on LCC TV.
MSU Telecasters Alumni Group
In 2008, a Telecaster reunion was organized to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The ShōW. As a result of that event, the MSU Telecasters Alumni Group (TAG) was formed. The official charter from Michigan State University was awarded in May, 2009.
Notable alumni include filmmaker Greg Harrison, Conan O'Brien staffer Aaron Bleyaert, and Christy McDonald, reporter and anchor for WXYZ, Channel 7 in Detroit.
- Hughes, Mike (4 October 2008). "You, too, can break into show biz, say MSU alums". Lansing State Journal. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- MSU Telecasters: The official website of the MSU Telecasters.
- Open Student Television Network: Airs MSU Telecasters programming at major U.S. universities using Internet2.
This article "MSU Telecasters" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:MSU Telecasters. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.