Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Date of birth||5 July 1996|
|Place of birth||Ballyshannon, Republic of Ireland|
|Rugby union career|
Search Maeve Liston on Amazon.
Maeve Liston (born 5 July 1996) is an Irish rugby union player from Ballyshannon, County Donegal, Republic of Ireland. She plays for English Premier 15s club Bristol Ladies and the Ulster Rugby provincial side as a winger. She also used to play junior Gaelic Games at GAA county level for Donegal GAA.
Before playing rugby, Liston was a junior Gaelic Games player for C.L.G. Aodh Ruadh in her hometown of Ballyshannon. She played gaelic football at minor level for Donegal GAA starting at under-16s in 2011. In 2014 Liston was a part of the Donegal minor women's team that won the Ulster GAA Women's 'A' Football Championship where she was also awarded as player of the year.
Liston started her rugby career at Ballyshannon RFC. While at Cardiff University in Wales, she played for Cardiff University Ladies RFC becoming captain in 2017. In 2016, she made her Irish provincial debut for Ulster Rugby against Munster Rugby at Ravenhill Stadium in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Later that year, she signed with English Women's Premiership club Bristol Ladies, making her debut against Darlington Mowden Park Sharks at the Northern Echo Arena in Darlington.
In 2017, she was chosen to help to launch the ticket sales campaign for the 2017 Women's Rugby World Cup at Ulster's Ravenhill Stadium, where the 2017 Women's Rugby World Cup Final would be played, alongside representatives from the Ireland women's national rugby union team and the Irish Rugby Football Union. Despite playing for Ulster, she continued to play for Bristol Ladies in their inaugural Premier 15s season.
- Darragh Cox (2016-12-01). "Ballyshannon's Maeve Liston to make Ulster debut this weekend". Ocean FM. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Ulster Women". Ulster Rugby. 2015-07-13. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Maeve Liston". Bristol Rugby. 1996-07-05. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "GAA Clubcall". Donegal Democrat. Retrieved 2017-11-02.(subscription required)
- "Secretary's Address to Club AGM - 10 December 2011". Aodh Ruadh. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Minor ladies chase Ulster glory". Donegal News. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "GR Sport talks to Maeve Liston ahead of CULRFC season opener". Gair Rhydd. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Ballyshannon RFC members in Ulster squads - Donegal Democrat". Donegal Democrat. 2016-12-08. Retrieved 2017-11-02.(subscription required)
- "PREVIEW: Darlington Mowden Park Sharks v Bristol Ladies". Bristol Rugby. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Tickets on sale for Women's Rugby World Cup 2017 semis and final". World Rugby. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- "Maeve Liston". Womenseliterugby.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
This article "Maeve Liston" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.