Majid bin Hamud Al-Busaid
This article may contain excessive or inappropriate references to self-published sources. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Majid bin Hamud Al-Said|
|Sayyid of Oman and Zanzibar|
Son: HH Sayyid Mansoor bin Majid Al-Said
Son: HH Sayyid Sahibzada Sheikh Aladdin bin Majid Al-Said
Grandson: HH Sayyid Sahibzada Sheikh Muhafiz bin Aladdin Al-Said
Granddaughter: HH Sayyida Sheikha Layla bint Aladdin Al-Said
Great Grandson: HH Sayyid Sahibzada Sheikh Dr Shamsaldin Qais Sulayman al-Said
Great Granddaughter: HH Sayyida Sheikha Naima bint Muhafiz Al-SaidFourth Cousin (3xRemoved): HH Sultan Qaboos bin Said
|Predecessor||Father: HH Sultan Sheikh Hamoud bin Mohammed
Grandfather: HH Sultan Muhammad bin SaidBrother: HH Sultan Sheikh Sir Ali bin Hamud of Zanzibar
|Occupation||Sayyid of Oman and Zanzibar|
HH Sayyid Majid bin Hamud Al-Said
Sayyid Hamoud bin Mohammed Al-Said, (1853 – 18 July 1902) (ruled 27 August 1896 - 18 July 1902) (Arabic: حمود بن محمد) was the Omani sultan of the protectorate of Zanzibar, who outlawed slavery on the island.
HH Sayyid. Majid bin Hamud bin Muhammad bin Said bin Sultan bin Ahmed bin Said Al-Said
Majid lived an extremely private life with very little known about his wives and children.
All that is revealed is that he had two wives, (although it is not clear if this was consecutively or concurrently) and that he had eleven children, some of which migrated from the Omani Empire to the Ottoman Empire for marriage.
One of his sons, HH Sayyid Aladdin bin Majid Al-Said, half brother to HH Sayyid Mansoor bin Majid Al-Said, was awarded command of his own Sanjak within the Ottoman Empire. Taking both Ottoman and Pashtun wives, HH Sayyid Aladdin bin Majid maintained authority over the same land after the dissolving of the Ottoman Empire.
- FATHER | HH Sultan Sheikh  Hamud bin Muhammad Al-Said[not in citation given][not in citation given]
- BROTHER | HH Sultan Sheikh Sir[not in citation given] Ali bin Hamud Al-Said
- COUSIN | HH Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al-Said
- GREAT GRANDFATHER | HH Sultan Said bin Sultan Al-Said
- GREAT GRANDSON | HH Sayyid Sheikh Shamsaldin Qais Sulayman Al-Said
- "IPMG NEWS Channel 1". Ipmgnews1.[self-published source]
- "Zanz5". www.royalark.net. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Forgotten Histories | HH Sayyid Majid bin Hamud Al-Said | Al-Sahawat Times". Al-Sahawat Times. 2016-12-29. Retrieved 2018-09-29.[self-published source]
- "Omani Royal Family Tree". Sultanateoman.nl.
- "Ancestry® | Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History Records". ancestry.com. Retrieved 2018-09-29.[self-published source]
- "Time of Oman". News Publisher. Times of Oman. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- "Swahili Africa News". Swahiliafrica.com. Swahili Africa.[self-published source]
- "Swahili Africa News". Swahiliafrica.com. Retrieved 29 September 2018.[self-published source]
- "Celebrity Family Trees". Celebrityfamily.com.
- "Sultan Qaboos". www.sultanaatoman.nl. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
This article "Majid bin Hamud Al-Busaid" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Majid bin Hamud Al-Busaid. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.