|Directed by||Mark Meily|
|Written by||Jonathan Guillermo|
|Music by||Teresa Barrozo|
|Edited by||Ike Veneracion|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
Search Maledicto on Amazon.
Maledicto is the first ever local movie produced by FOX, in partnership with Cignal and Unitel. It is set to premiere in cinemas on May 1, 2019.
Directed by Mark Meily, it is a horror film whose story centers on demonic possessions amidst the highly-religious Philippines.
Tom Rodriguez stars as Father Xavi, a former psychologist who becomes a skeptical exorcist following the tragic death of his sister, Mara (played by Inah de Belen). He meets Sister Barbie (played by Jasmine Curtis-Smith), a young nun who has the gift of charism. Together, they face the case of Agnes (Miles Ocampo), a seemingly perfect teenager who starts manifesting demonic behaviour that rocks the foundations of the church.
Xavier “Xavi” Lavezares was supposed to be a brilliant psychiatrist with a bright future ahead of him, until his sister Mara kills herself in front of him in the throes of a supposed demonic possession. Trying to find answers in a vocation he thought he’d never take up, Xavi becomes a man of the cloth who spends his spare time taking apart cases for exorcism.
After the Vatican calls for an increase in the number of exorcists worldwide, Fr. Xavi is tapped to become to an exorcist. But when a botched exorcism ends in murder and leaves a supernatural echo from the trauma of his past, he enters a downward spiral as he is forced to confront the possibility of a reality far greater than his own.
When idealistic young clairvoyant Sister Barbara “Barbie” Vergel de Dios finds one of her former students experiencing the symptoms of possession, she is convinced that it is real. But she has trouble finding an exorcist to believe her. When Fr. Xavi is put on the case as a last resort, she sees one last chance to find help for the girl.
With the aid of his keen observation skills, his rigorous learning, a heady clairvoyant assistant and perhaps a little faith, the cynical Fr. Xavi must find the means to confront a gripping darkness bigger than himself, and in doing so find some measure of purpose and redemption.
- Tom Rodriguez as Father Xavi Lavezares
- Jasmine Curtis-Smith as Sister Barbara Vergel de Dios
- Miles Ocampo as Agnes Villacorte
- Inah de Belen as Mara Lavezares
- Menggie Cobbarubias as Cardinal Martinez
- Eric Quizon as Archbishop Delfino
- Nonie Buencamino as Domingo Villacorte
- Shamaine Buencamino as Cecilia Villacorte
- Lisa Lorena as Manang Sisa
- Takayuki Samamoto as Attractive Man / Sikmat
- Martin Escudero as Freddy Manalang
- Franco Laurel as Father Jay Cinco
- Robert Zialcita as Father Vic
- Nina Ricci Alagao as Sister Stella
- Gio Gahol as Paul
- Acey Brylle Aguilar as Carlo
- Mark Meily as Dr. Cornelius Resureccion
- Che Ramos as Kitty Colacion
This article "Maledicto" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Maledicto. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.