|File:Amanda Gill High Res.png |
|Born||Amanda Lauren Gill|
October 28, 1986
Model, Motivational Speaker, Entrepreneur
|📆 Years active||2008–present|
Search Mandy Gill on Amazon.
Mandy Gill (born October 28, 1986) is a Canadian-born fitness and nutrition expert, fitness cover model, and entrepreneur and a professional triathlete. Gill is a television personality, regularly appearing as a guest fitness and nutrition expert.
Gill was born in Calgary, Alberta, the daughter of Nancy Lou Anderson (nee Leblanc) and Robert Charles Gill. Since 2006, she has lived in Vancouver, British Columbia. Gill has recalled an emotionally and psychologically challenging childhood that included insecurity, anxiety, depression, her parents' divorce, a struggle with school grades, and anorexia. In her early twenties, she reached “rock bottom” and then made a decision to learn everything she could about health and fitness and take back her life.
Gill started competing professionally in 2009 in Olympic weightlifting, running, rowing, gymnastics, Spartan, CrossFit Regionals, and CrossFit Super Regionals. Since 2010, Gill has been sponsored by Reebok, and named by Reebok Canada as a ‘Super Athlete.’ In 2012, she became a personal trainer and began incorporating fitness with her on-camera television work. In 2017, Gill was honored as a YWCA Vancouver Woman of Distinction.
In 2006, Gill graduated from Columbia Academy of Broadcasting Performing Arts in Vancouver, Canada, with a degree in Broadcast Journalism, and began working for a number of Vancouver based radio and television stations. In 2013, Gill left a position with Bell Media for CTV, where she began guest hosting a new weekly fitness segment. In 2017, Gill became co-host for Buddha-Ful TV, an online publication and education source for everyday plant-based foods.
In 2013, Gill formed her total wellness company, MGM Fitness. By 2017, MGM Fitness became known by the namesake brand, ‘Mandy Gill’. In 2017, Gill launched a digital application called MANDY GILL APP, for "personal training at your fingertips".
- "May/June 2013". Sweat Equity Magazine. 2013-01-06. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "SAMPLE MGM FIT FOODS AND MEET FOUNDER MANDY GILL". Tsawwassen Mills. 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "This Is How To Avoid Gaining That Dreaded Extra Weight Over The Holiday Season". Kiss Radio. 2017-11-30. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MANDY GILL". Sheeo World. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Fitness Diva with a Purpose: Mandy Gill". Beauty Buzz. 2014-12-04. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Spartan Race: Not your everyday 5K". NS News. 2014-05-25. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "From CrossFit to 78.2 kms [sic]". Reebok. 2017-04-29. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "As A Plant-Based Super-Athlete, Here Is Where I Get My Protein". Huffington Post. 2017-08-21. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "pure+paleo Signs Mandy Gill, Health & Fitness Radio & TV Personality and Crossfit Competitor As Brand Ambassador". Pure & Paleo. 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MANDY GILL". Small Business BC. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Buddha-Full TV". Buddha Full. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Mandy Gill: Building Muscle and Business". Sparklys Shoes & Sweat Drops. 2015-08-09. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MANDY GILL". Mandy Gill Official Website. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "She Was Broken And Just 80 Pounds. You Won't Believe What She Does Today!". Huffington Post. 2017-08-30. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "On February 2 & 3, 70 male and female athletes from the Lower Mainland and around the province competed in the Crossfit North Vancouver Challenge". North Shore News. 2013-02-13. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MANDY GILL". Recharge. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "2017 WOMEN OF DISTINCTION AWARDS NOMINEES". YWCA. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Beach fitness ideas with Mandy Gill". CTV News. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MANDY GILL". Small Business Canada. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Buddha-Full TV". Buddha TV. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MGM FIT FOOD". Lyt off. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "MANDY GILL FITNESS APP". Mandy Gill. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "As A Plant-Based Super-Athlete, Here Is Where I Get My Protein". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
- "Super Athlete Goes Plant Based". Reebok. Retrieved 2017-10-12.
This article "Mandy Gill" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mandy Gill. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.