Mao Sugiyama (born March 31, 1990) is a Japanese performance artist and activist from Tokyo, Japan who had his genitals and nipples surgically removed on March 31, 2012 (his 22nd birthday) in order to promote asexuality and gender equality. Sugiyama originally intended to consume the genitals; however, he later decided to stage a public event where he cooked and served the genitals with button mushrooms and Italian parsley to the public for 100,000 yen. Although around 70 people turned up to the event, only five people actually ate the genitalia whilst the other guests dined on crocodile and beef. He and three other people who helped organise the event were later charged by Japanese authorities for indecent exposure which if they had been convicted could have meant two years in jail and around a 32,000 yen fine. In 2013, all of the media attention calmed down and the charges were dropped. 
- Nullo (body modification)
- "Japanese Asexual Activist-Artist Slices off his Genitalia, Serves at Banquet". Ieet.org. 2012-06-05. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "This man cooked and served his genitals at a banquet to make a statement about gender equality". Theplaidzebra.com. 2015-02-13. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Japanese artist, Mao Sugiyama, serves up his genitals at banquet". Digitaljournal.com. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Mao Sugiyama, Who Cooked And Served Own Genitals, Faces Indecent Exposure Charge (NSFW PHOTOS, VIDEO)". The Huffington Post. 2012-09-19. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
This article "Mao Sugiyama" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Mao Sugiyama. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.