Margaret Paul (* 1939) is an American psychologist and psychotherapist, who became known through her joint work with Dr. Erika Chopich on the inner child. Together with Erika Chopich, she developed the therapy method Inner Bonding, which puts the knowledge about the inner child into practice. The method is based on an inner dialogue between different parts of ones personality, which is either pronounced aloud or done in written form.
Margaret Paul grew up as a child of very young and "emotionally overwhelmed" parents on a farm. She describes her parents as incapable to build up any kind of bond with her as a child. Only her grandfather offered her some support and warmth. She was an "anxious, sickly and nervous little child". Already as a child she decided to become a psychotherapist.
She studied psychology and art education at the University of California, Los Angeles, the Azusa Pacific University and received her PhD in psychology from Ryokan College.
Afterwards she trained as a psychotherapist. She had been treating patients for more than 20 years when she became increasingly dissatisfied with the results of her therapy work. She noticed that her clients did not learn any means to help themselves, but were structurally dependent on the therapy sessions.
At this time she met Dr. Erika J. Chopich, with whom she developed the therapy method Inner Bonding. Dr. Chopich and Dr. Margaret Paul have both used their therapeutic applications of treating the inner child, a term coined by Carl Jung, to help people recover from emotional trauma.
Dr. Paul is also a member of the esteemed organization, Transformational Leadership Council, started by Jack Canfield, author of the Chicken Soup For The Soul series. She has received numerous testimonials from her clients, including Alanis Morissette, on how powerful and useful her therapy is.
- Diet for Divine Connection: Beyond Junk Foods and Junk Thoughts to At-Will Spiritual Connection. Light Technology Pub (2018), ISBN 978-1-62233-060-7 Search this book on ..
- The Inner Bonding Workbook: Six Steps to Healing Yourself and Connecting with Your Divine Guidance. New Harbinger (2019), ISBN 978-1-68403-318-8 Search this book on ..
- Inner Bonding: Becoming a Loving Adult to Your Inner Child: Becoming a Loving Parent to Your Inner Child. HarperOne (1993), ISBN 978-0-06-250710-5 Search this book on ..
- with Erika J. Chopich: Healing Your Aloneness: Finding Love and Wholeness Through Your Inner Child. HarperOne (1990), ISBN 978-0-06-250149-3 Search this book on ..
- with Erika J. Chopich: The Healing Your Aloneness Workbook: The 6-Step Inner Bonding Process for Healing Yourself and Your Relationships. Echo Point Books & Media (2015), ISBN 978-1-62654-044-6 Search this book on . (first published by HarperCollins, 1993).
- Do I Have To Give Up Me To Be Loved By God? Health Communications (1999), ISBN 978-1-55874-697-8 Search this book on ..
- with Jordan Paul: Do I Have to Give Up Me to Be Loved by You? Hazelden Publishing (2002), ISBN 978-1-56838-796-3 Search this book on . (first published by CompCare, 1983).
- with Jordan Paul: Do I Have To Give Up Me To Be Loved By You?...The Workbook. Hazelden Publishing (1994), ISBN 978-1-56838-797-0 Search this book on ..
- with Jordan Paul: Do I Have To Give Up Me To Be Loved By My Kids? Berkley Books (1995), ISBN 978-0-425-15059-7 Search this book on . (first published by CompCare, 1987).
- How to Become Strong Enough to Love. Amazon.com Services LLC (2011). 
- How to Access Spiritual Guidance for Your Joyful Highest Good Every Moment of Your Life. Amazon.com Services LLC (2011). 
- Dear God, How Can I Heal So That I May Love? Amazon.com Services LLC (2011). 
- Dear God, What is Love? Amazon.com Services LLC (2011). 
- Beloved Companionship - An Alternative To Loneliness. Amazon.com Services LLC (2011). 
- Paul, Margaret. (1992). Inner bonding : becoming a loving adult to your inner child (1st ed.). [San Francisco, CA]: HarperSanFrancisco. ISBN 0-06-250710-9. OCLC 24953303. Search this book on
- Aon Prakasha, Padma; Sophia, Anaiya (January 13, 2017). “Sacred Relationships: The Practice of Intimate Erotic Love”. Destiny Books. p. 167-170. Search this book on
- Paul, Margaret (2014). Healing your aloneness : finding love and wholeness through your inner child. HarperOne. ISBN 978-0-06-226545-6. Search this book on
- David, Lisa (February 5, 2019). “Clean Eating, Dirty Sex: Sensual Superfoods and Aphrodisiac Practices for Ultimate Sexual Health and Connection”. New York, New York: Skyhorse Publishing, Inc. Search this book on
- Works by or about Margaret Paul in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Official website
- Inner Bonding
- Self Quest
This article "Margaret Paul" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Margaret Paul. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.