1957 (age 63–64)
|🏅 Awards||Woman of the year by Stevie Awards 2018|
Marisa Peer (born 1957) is an English nutritionist and hypnotherapist. She has written four books, which have been translated into Korean, Swedish, German and Russian.
Marisa Peer was born in 1957 to Dee Saddler and Ronald Peer. She studied in London to become to become a child psychologist. At the age of 21 she moved to Los Angeles and became a personal trainer at a Jane Fonda's fitness center . After working in Los Angeles in the mid-1980s she returned to London in 1988.
Career as hypnotherapist
Combining multiple training, Peer has created her own hybrid form of therapy she calls Rapid Transformation Therapy (RTT). RTT uses hypnosis and hypnotherapy, cognitive behaviour therapy and neuro-linguistic programming to get results. She has seen its impact on people with eating disorders, depression and anxiety and those struggling to lose weight.
Peer's first television appearance was on 2004 in the British show Celebrity Fit Club (season 2) where she joined the panel of experts. The following year she was the resident hypnotherapist on the US version of Celebrity Fit Club.
Peer has appeared on This Morning, BBC News and I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!.
In 2008 Peer published her first book You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever, followed in 2009 by Ultimate Confidence: The Secrets to Feeling Great About Yourself Every Day.
In 2018 Peer released “I am Enough” book that targets luck of self-confidence which she considers to be "the biggest disease affecting humanity"
- “You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever” (2008) Sphere ISBN 978-0751542950 Search this book on .
- “Ultimate Confidence: The Secrets to Feeling Great About Yourself Every Day” (2009). ISBN 978-1847441386 Search this book on .
- “Trying to get Pregnant (and Succeeding)” (2012). ISBN 978-1469942179 Search this book on .
- “You Can Be Younger: Use the power of your mind to look and feel 10 years younger in 10 simple steps” (2014) ISBN 978-0349402826 Search this book on .
- “I am Enough: Mark Your Mirror And Change Your Life” (2018
- "Peer, Marisa". WorldCat. Archived from the original on 2017-12-08. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- Peer, Marisa (2010). You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever. Hachette UK. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-7481-2389-6. Search this book on (Google Books)
- Mark Anstead (2006-12-16). "'You get used to space and light'". Financial Times. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Nadia Hall (2017-02-07) Rolisa finds meaning through transformation The Royal Gazette
- Nicole O'Neil (2014-08-07). "Can hypnosis really help weight loss?". MSN. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Victoria Lambert (2015-01-12). "'I just happen to be in love with a woman'". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 2017-08-05. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
Alex Grove (2017-04-29). "Hypnotherapist Diana Rushton says she can cure your fears in just 90 minutes". Hull Daily Mail. Archived from the original on 2017-08-05. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
Marisa Peer has previously appeared on This Morning, BBC News and even I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here during her illustrious career which once saw her appointed as Princess Diana's personal hypnotherapist
This article "Marisa Peer" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Marisa Peer. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.