Maths Doctor Ltd
|Industry||Tutoring, e-learning, online tutoring, online education|
Area served 🗺️
|Simon Walsh (Founder)|
Rahim Hirji (CEO)
Number of employees
|Parent||Macmillan Digital Education|
Maths Doctor is a UK-based online tuition agency, located at Sussex University Innovation Centre. They work with students from GCSE up to university admissions level, charging anywhere between £18-36/hr.
Maths Doctor was founded in Brighton, Sussex in 2008 by Simon Walsh, a Chartered Financial Analyst and former teacher. Walsh initially worked as an investment banker before re-training as a secondary maths teacher. After teaching in both independent and state schools, Walsh generated the concept of individually tailored online tuition sessions, culminating in his creation of Maths Doctor and its online tuition services.
In 2012, the agency was acquired by the educational organisation Macmillan Digital Education. Maths Doctor founder Simon Walsh was assigned as Managing Director of Maths Doctor following its acquisition.
The agency has a network of over 500 tutors across the United Kingdom, delivering live online lessons. All Maths Doctor tutors are DBS checked and receive training according to Local Safeguarding Children Board procedures and Department of Education guidelines. They claim that only 1 in 7 tutors is accepted onto their platform after the interview stage.
Maths Doctor tutors facilitate live one-to-one home tutoring via the internet, as well as worksheets and tutoring videos. To use these services, students receive an electronic pen and pad which connects to their computer via USB allowing students to access a shared white board with their tutor. Tutors offer preparation for various academic levels including Primary, Secondary and Further Education. Regular curriculum support and examination preparation is offered for 11+ and Common Entrance exams, KS2, KS3, GCSE, AS & A-Level, STEP and University examinations.
In 2010, Maths Doctor won the Midas Touch Award for Innovation at the London Business Start Up exhibition. In 2014, the company was announced as winner of the Private Tutoring Company category at the Education Investor Awards. Maths Doctor's online learning practices have also been covered by press agencies and online educational forums including The Huffington Post, Forbes, Mumsnet and The Good Schools Guide.
- "Parent Teacher Communication Essential For Best Online Tutoring" Forbes. Retrieved 2014-10-1.
- "News: Free Maths Lessons on the Maths everyone needs to know" ALISON. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Employer Database" University of Sussex. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Maths Doctor".
- "Maths Doctor" CrunchBase. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Macmillan Digital Education Acquires Maths Doctor to Enter UK e-tutoring Market" DIGITAL Education. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Maths Doctor" Southbucks net mums. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Maths Doctor".
- "Online Tuition Tailors Learning to the Individual Learner Rather Than the Class" HuffPost Tech UK. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Maths Doctor Ltd: Winners of the 2010 Midas Touch Award for Innovation. Internships" Intern Avenue. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "Award Winners" 2014-12-7.
- "The Hidden Benefits Of Online Tuition For Children" Forbes. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- "GSG Review Of Maths Doctor" The Good Schools Guide. Retrieved 2014-6-25.
- Maths Doctor Official site
This article "Maths Doctor" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Maths Doctor. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.