|Native name||Max Salk|
|🏡 Residence||New York City|
|🏳️ Citizenship||United States|
|🏫 Education||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
Vice President and U.S. Credit Research Analyst
|👔 Employer||Blackstone / GSO|
Max Salk is a Vice President and U.S. credit research analyst at Blackstone / GSO Capital based in New York City. Prior to his time at Blackstone, Salk was an Assistant Vice President at PPM America on the credit research team in Chicago, Illinois.
In addition to his career in financial markets and research, Salk is an amateur photographer. His work primarily features landscapes of various locations from his travels.
Max Salk discovered his interest in financial markets during college at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, when he began interacting with them through watching CNBC and researching and selling stocks. Following his graduation with a b.s. in finance, Salk worked briefly at Morningstar before moving on to PPM in Chicago, where he covered primary and secondary opportunities in the public credit markets.
Following his time at PPM, Salk moved to New York City to work at Blackstone / GSO Capital. His areas of expertise include ongoing analysis and evaluation of primary and secondary fixed income investments.
In addition to his career in finance, Salk is an amateur landscape photographer. His photography primarily features landscapes from his travels, both within and outside the U.S. His photos are featured on his photography website.
Max Salk has maintained an interest in landscape and travel photography since he first discovered his passion in 2012 during a study abroad trip in the Netherlands. Since then, Salk has traveled to and documented several countries and locations around the U.S. His focus is on landscape and how the landscape defines the different areas, highlighting the natural beauty and draws of the areas he visits.
In addition to his career and work in photography, Max Salk is involved with the Navy SEAL Foundation, an organization dedicated to fundraising to aid Navy SEALs and their families through various support programs. He has stated that he intends “to get more involved in volunteer work to assist both active duty military and veterans.”
Salk has also mentioned that he has varied interests that have benefited him personally and professionally. He is an avid music lover, and keeps up with the Chicago Bears and Cubs, despite his relocation to New York.
- "Pursue your passion relentlessly, expect setbacks, and don’t be afraid to ask questions." - Max Salk, A Typical Workday
- "I believe that almost everything starts with having a plan and being prepared...However, it is important to remember that you never truly know how something will turn out until you actually move forward with your plan. Planning and preparing is critically important, but only takes you so far. After you start actually implementing something and seeing the early results, your initial idea, plan, or process may evolve into something else." - Max Salk, Ideamensch
- "Life is full of a variety of different opportunities, and there is no one path to success or satisfaction, however you want to define it. Find something that you love doing, and pursue it relentlessly. If it doesn’t work out, try something else. Time is on your side." - Max Salk, Ideamensch
- "Don’t over-plan. Have a plan, but think of it more as a framework." - Max Salk, CEO World
- "[I]t is really important to have interests outside of the office and to spend time doing different activities. Not only can it be enjoyable and a nice break from work, but it can also offer a fresh perspective that can be beneficial to your life and career." - Max Salk, CEO World
- Admin. “Q&A With Max Salk, Photographer and Investment Analyst.” A Typical Workday, 23 Sept. 2019, atypicalworkday.com/qa-with-max-salk-photographer-and-investment-analyst/.
- “Max Salk.” Crunchbase, www.crunchbase.com/person/max-salk.
- “Max Salk.” Prabook.com, 1 Jan. 1970, prabook.com/web/max.salk/3754344.
- “Max Salk - Investment Analyst and Landscape Photographer.” Ideamensch, Ideamensch, 8 Apr. 2020, ideamensch.com/max-salk/.
- “Max Salk - Vice President.” Blackstone.com, www.blackstone.com/the-firm/our-people/person?person=7781834.
- Papadopoulos, Anna. “Business Traveler: Max Salk, Photographer and Investment Analyst - CEOWORLD Magazine.” CEOWORLD Magazine, 14 Feb. 2020, ceoworld.biz/2020/02/14/business-traveler-max-salk-photographer-and-investment-analyst/.